Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wireless CarPlay / android auto

24k.lach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Black
i have not played around with the specific module but there should be bluetooth settings in the module where you can put the module into discovery mode(visible to other devices).
you would then switch to the mylink menu and look for bluetooth devices and the module should show up and you pair it.

you would leave the mylink input source on bluetooth audio and then switch back to the module and pair your phone to the module.
you cannot look for devices in mylink you can only discover mylink on another device

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
you cannot look for devices in mylink you can only discover mylink on another device
Make the mylink visible, find it in the module and pair it.

24k.lach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Black
Make the mylink visible, find it in the module and pair it.
yes thats what were trying to figure out. how to get the unit into search mode. anyways we will mess around with it when i see the car next, thanks mate.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
@Anthony121 did u enable driving radar if not this is needed to get the unit to display the parking sensors front and rear.
I have the beeps but no video of the front sensors. Where do you enable front radar?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
@Anthony121
Does it display the ac info ?
From CarPlay select Ksmart Auto home icon
Scroll to settings
System
Factory Mode
Advanced settings
Enter 8818
Factory setting
Scroll down to Driving radar tick the box then Apply
Then keep pressing back then go back into factory Mode and click Reboot

Last edited:

24k.lach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Black
@Anthony121
Does it display the ac info ?
From CarPlay select Ksmart Auto home icon
Scroll to settings
System
Factory Mode
Advanced settings
Enter 8818
Factory setting
Scroll down to Driving radar tick the box then Apply
Then keep pressing back then go back into factory Mode and click Reboot
hey mate, how does ur audio setup work. is it like stooges reply or like what i said?

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
Hi Buddy,

So the audio definitely comes through the Bluetooth via mylink and the wireless CarPlay comes through the wifi.

If I turn off the wifi on my iPhone the CarPlay does not display just says connecting to CarPlay have not tried the supplied usb as that is not plugged in.

If I turn off the Bluetooth the car play still works as it is through wifi but the audio is played directly on the iPhone not through the CarPlay at all.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
yes thats what were trying to figure out. how to get the unit into search mode. anyways we will mess around with it when i see the car next, thanks mate.
When I installed the module i did not have to put it into any kind of pairing mode it showed up automatically in my Bluetooth list as an available device which I just added and everything just worked.
All I had to do was select the Bluetooth source once and now everytime I get in the car it automatically connects to CarPlay as set it to auto connect

24k.lach

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 Black
Hi Buddy,

So the audio definitely comes through the Bluetooth via mylink and the wireless CarPlay comes through the wifi.

If I turn off the wifi on my iPhone the CarPlay does not display just says connecting to CarPlay have not tried the supplied usb as that is not plugged in.

If I turn off the Bluetooth the car play still works as it is through wifi but the audio is played directly on the iPhone not through the CarPlay at all.
so your audio is playing directly from your phone to the mylink unit, and not going to mylink from the CarPlay unit itself

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I am pretty sure as the only Bluetooth connection I have is to the Mylink I have included screenshots of my Bluetooth and wifi on my phone when connected
Also the module is shown in my Bluetooth devices but is not connected

Attachments

• IMG_8872.png
    IMG_8872.png
    362.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8870.jpeg
    IMG_8870.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 41