Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worst holden sales in 70 years

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
From that link ….. "So it's hoped Kristian Aquilina, Holden NZ's managing director of three years, and marketing manager Marnie Samphier can sell the sizzle to u-turn the big Aussie machine."

What are they referring to ? The car ? The Holden company ? I wish them luck with their future endeavours.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
207YBO
Holden Commodore hatchback just parked across the road.

Twin exhaust? thin tyres.

So would that be the AWD 6 cylinder?

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Personally I think have tried to go with the market.....Over the last 15 years or so, the market has lent towards the FWD, AWD/4WD market....Just look at the top ten sales leaders and you may understand...(I'll leave the google experts do that)...

Yes, they may have failed with their execution in areas, but they have tried and now they are getting hammered with trying to go with the mid range FWD drive market, which the country is leaning towards.

Only time will tell if they turn their fortunes around

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Years ago people towed vans with Fords and Holdens now if you stay in a caravan park almost everyone is towing with some sort of 4WD be it dual cab or wagon.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Years ago people towed vans with Fords and Holdens now if you stay in a caravan park almost everyone is towing with some sort of 4WD be it dual cab or wagon.
If we're comparing to years ago ...
(*) an LS3 VF2 uses less fuel than an HR
(*) a new Corolla (chosen as en example of generic mediocrity) has as much room as an HR
(*) a new Corolla will smash the fastest HR in every performance measurement
(*) there are currently something like 5x as many models available on the market as in the HR's era
(*) Commodore was still the ... I think it was 4th-highest seller in this country, when production stopped; if I remember correctly it was #2 when the announcement of closure was made (may even have been #1 when the decision was made)

It's not about vehicle choices by buyers so much ... as it is about global manufacturing scales & economics. :) (or rather, :()

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
And corollas tow how many caravans?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
And caravan-towing buyers make up which percentage of the market which, if they'd bought Commodores, would've allowed enough vehicles to be made in Australia to make a plant economically viable?

FWD vehicles, regardless of size, were never going to cut it for towing.
I'll bet the rating for the ZB isn't anywhere near VF, including the AWD version?

Last edited: