Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF hostage situation in sydney!!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
An awful lot of strong opinions on this thread about how things should have been handled, yet the full facts have yet to be revealed about what happened during the siege and immediately prior to the police assault. Typical, I guess. I'm playing safe and waiting for the full disclosure and keeping an open mind about the way things ended. The only comment I have is that it will be interesting to see how many of those explosions we heard were stun-grenades and how many were gun-shots. It did seem to go on for a fair while considering there was only one offender. I do love the fact that he is supposed to have demanded an IS flag. Yeah, right, I'll just duck down to Coles and grab one. They're available everywhere. Nit-wit.

My concern with this issue really relates to the willingness of morons/idiots/criminals/mini-dicks that seem willing to hang their flag on Islam and take on the Western World so readily. What is it about "Islam" that seems to encourage these fools to act the way they do, regardless of which country they live in? Why do so many of them migrate from their ****-hole homelands to a western country, if western civilisation is so alien to their beliefs? And what is it about the Islamic faith that compels them to be so willing to kill, maim or destroy anything "western"?

Some comments here link this idiot to ISIS. Perhaps, but not in a formal way. The problem is that, if he was only acting on his own initiative, he is not alone and his ilk seem to be sprouting up world-wide. That's a real worry because of the total unpredictability they represent, regardless of how well prepared the local authorities are.

ISIS, on the other hand, just kill anybody - Muslim, Christian, atheist - if you're not in the gang, you're fair game. I reckon they are just psychopaths who deserve nothing but what they love dishing out.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think what you mean is he should have been deported.

fact is, up until 2 years ago IS didn't exist, so it's a bit hard to say he wasn't a follower unless you knew him personally. For the same reason it's hard to say 100% he as however the evidence certainly suggests it.

Plenty of people support IS yet don't go around publicizing it out on the street. How many Aussies are currently suspected of fighting for IS in Syria/Iraq?

It is fact that he asked for an IS flag. That is a direct link, if not a follower then he was advocating on their behalf. It's very clear that he has a very deep seated anti-western sentiment going by the letters he sent to families of dead Aussie service personnel.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Aussies, racist.....nahhh.

...and thats why were here.

Sometimes, people of all races, cultures, backgrounds, do bad things.

We cant be afraid to come down on one of them if theyre black, yellow, brown, orange, green or purple.

The left here condemned the recent raids and raised powers of security personel. Said it was an utter waste of time and nothing but a racist stunt which victimised a group of people.

The left continually uses "background" and "cultural hardships" as an excuse for lenient sentencing for - lets face it - a lot of middle eastern and african crimes

When they are come down upon with the force of the law, we arent helping them assimilate. We need to make concessions.

Here is the fruit of your concessions.

Punish the **** kickers so they stop giving the good ones a bad name. The end.

This guy should have been deported / locked up years ago. Hes on bail and did 300 hours community service. What a ####ing joke.

This is exactly why I quit Law many years ago. The system is broken. The system of precedents is a joke. A magistrate must follow the example set down by high courts. Magistrates are bottom level. So they follow all the **** from above. All the cultural hardship decisions come into play. Any defense lawyer who can read a newspaper can argue their way out of a sentence.

Nothing will change, the people who candrive change dont want the system to change. Anyone who speaks out is excommunicated faster than scientist in the vatican.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
...and thats why were here.

Sometimes, people of all races, cultures, backgrounds, do bad things.

We cant be afraid to come down on one of them if theyre black, yellow, brown, orange, green or purple.

The left here condemned the recent raids and raised powers of security personel. Said it was an utter waste of time and nothing but a racist stunt which victimised a group of people.

The left continually uses "background" and "cultural hardships" as an excuse for lenient sentencing for - lets face it - a lot of middle eastern and african crimes

When they are come down upon with the force of the law, we arent helping them assimilate. We need to make concessions.

Here is the fruit of your concessions.

Punish the **** kickers so they stop giving the good ones a bad name. The end.

This guy should have been deported / locked up years ago. Hes on bail and did 300 hours community service. What a ####ing joke.

This is exactly why I quit Law many years ago. The system is broken. The system of precedents is a joke. A magistrate must follow the example set down by high courts. Magistrates are bottom level. So they follow all the **** from above. All the cultural hardship decisions come into play. Any defense lawyer who can read a newspaper can argue their way out of a sentence.

Nothing will change, the people who candrive change dont want the system to change. Anyone who speaks out is excommunicated faster than scientist in the vatican.

Sadly, this is very true.

Ohh well, time to go back to been a Commodore driving hick :D

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
fact is, up until 2 years ago IS didn't exist, so it's a bit hard to say he wasn't a follower unless you knew him personally. For the same reason it's hard to say 100% he as however the evidence certainly suggests it.
Police aren't stupid, they don't go on hear-say. They know who's who, what they're involved in and who the associate with. To say that it wasn't know that he wasn't an extremist 2 years ago when charges were bought against him is just naive. He should have been deported or at worst locked up to prevent this happening.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
see for me, if he was part of the IS, he would have had the flag already, and wouldnt have had to ask for one half way through the holdup

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
****, did I accidentally lock this thread??

lol nice 1 Troy....The thing that amazes me like others have said is not only the rap sheet on this dude but the fact he was alerted to like others(which i hope they have now or are ready to take out) by the muslim community.If they reject these morons then why the frig are we not doing anything and then have the reply of "not enough evidence" #### that ****....could of averted the whole situation!!!
Australian Law system at its finest once again has fallen short of ridiculous :(