Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb commorde haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The discussion is not how good or bad the ZB is, more about what it isn't. And what it isn't is a Commodore.
Then there is simply no need to incorrectly characterise the GKN AWD system as “FWD based soft roader awd system”.

If you're simply trying to express that a commodore is a V6/V8 powered RWD sedan/Ute/wagon built in Australia rather than a turbo 4/V6 FWD/AWD sedan/estate imported from OS, just say that :p

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
The discussion is not how good or bad the ZB is, more about what it isn't. And what it isn't is a Commodore.
Its German built and believe me it shows in the quality. Some people get hung up on names and the fact it isn't built in Australia, others couldn't care less and are happy to own what is a very good car on its own merits.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Then there is simply no need to incorrectly characterise the GKN AWD system as “FWD based soft roader awd system”.

I don't believe he did.

like rolling out a FWD based soft roader awd system with a Landcruiser badge - there is more to the car than just the name

I interpreted @Reaper 's comment as a comparison of lessening the nameplate with a vehicle that doesn't reflect its predecessors of the same nameplate, not comparing two different AWD systems.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
For heavens sake stop wasting your breath about ,' it's not a Commodore ' .. .I bought a great widget. .the rest is hot air. . I gather you haven't driven it .. If you had , I'd expect some detail..but more significantly, you fail to mention the hard yards done by Holden auto engineers to retune the ZB for Australia that really make it a brilliant drive, add the Lang Lang testing, tweaking by them is important, makes the agile 4 a very very worthy car . In web reviews this has been acknowledged as very significant improvement over the Insignia.. Again, people make two or three word statements about the Commodore ZB, but let's call it the ZB widget .. what people don't do is actually comment on it having driven it . In a forum called 'Just Commodores' , when I joined, I was surprised that there was nothing of substance assessing the ZB 4 petrol turbo for instance. So if you can park your own prejudices, and you are an enthusiast, why not drive it and comment . can't you see that when there is is no real evaluation by people , you just dismiss criticisms made without an iota of real substance.
I saw a pro review , a you tube video where there was a collective of people in a room, who without much qualification at all, praised the ZB, particularly too, the 4 . They also made it patently clear that they dismissed comments made by many many negative people who canned the ZB. They were sure that these people had neither got in or driven the cars .

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
To make reference to a Barina, then suddenly just 'drop a comment' , about an RS Commodore (4cyl) that you had a five second thought about.. then said you'd never have a Holden in the drive again, yet you own a VE is not authentic. You said the ZB does nothing for 'me , yet it is abundantly clear that you certainly haven't driven it, and I suspect you have never got in it .There is no comment whatever about driving the ZB, so I dismiss all you say as complete rubbish. Anyone driving it, particularly in a forum called 'Just Commodores' will say something about the car in some detail.. clearly you have not driven it , like most who talk bullshit like this. This is what annoys me, people just making up fables and make gooses of themselves
You have made this thread hilarious!!

For the record, I have driven a ZB... the 4 cyl petrol. It’s an ok car but does nothing for me

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

If you're simply trying to express that a commodore is a V6/V8 powered RWD sedan/Ute/wagon built in Australia rather than a turbo 4/V6 FWD/AWD sedan/estate imported from OS, just say that :p

I didn't. The point was the ZB is to a Commodore as a Klugar is to a Landcruiser. They are completely different things and the label fools nobody (well a few hundred a month vs the thousands they used to sell but still same point).

Once again. The discussion is not how good/bad/whatever the car is, more about the nameplate.

Its German built and believe me it shows in the quality. Some people get hung up on names and the fact it isn't built in Australia, others couldn't care less and are happy to own what is a very good car on its own merits.

I'm sure it is. It just isn't a Commodore. A few hundred a month agree with you. If they called it an Insignia I'm sure more would have also agreed.

I don't believe he did.

I interpreted @Reaper 's comment as a comparison of lessening the nameplate with a vehicle that doesn't reflect its predecessors of the same nameplate, not comparing two different AWD systems.

^^^ This!

For heavens sake stop wasting your breath about ,' it's not a Commodore '

It's the premise of the thread.

.. .I bought a great widget. .the rest is hot air. . I gather you haven't driven it .. If you had , I'd expect some detail..but more significantly, you fail to mention the hard yards done by Holden auto engineers to retune the ZB for Australia that really make it a brilliant drive, add the Lang Lang testing, tweaking by them is important, makes the agile 4 a very very worthy car . In web reviews this has been acknowledged as very significant improvement over the Insignia..

Correct - I have never driven one but that point is moot.

Again, people make two or three word statements about the Commodore ZB, but let's call it the ZB widget .. what people don't do is actually comment on it having driven it . In a forum called 'Just Commodores' , when I joined, I was surprised that there was nothing of substance assessing the ZB 4 petrol turbo for instance. So if you can park your own prejudices, and you are an enthusiast, why not drive it and comment . can't you see that when there is is no real evaluation by people , you just dismiss criticisms made without an iota of real substance.
I saw a pro review , a you tube video where there was a collective of people in a room, who without much qualification at all, praised the ZB, particularly too, the 4 . They also made it patently clear that they dismissed comments made by many many negative people who canned the ZB. They were sure that these people had neither got in or driven the cars .

I'm sure it's the greatest car ever built in a few hundred peoples eyes a month and as I have never even sat in one, agree I'm in no position what so ever to argue otherwise. But once again, that isn't the point of the discussion.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes , if only I can have a conversation that is free from lies and bullshit ..

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn't. The point was the ZB is to a Commodore as a Klugar is to a Landcruiser. They are completely different things and the label fools nobody (well a few hundred a month vs the thousands they used to sell but still same point).

Once again. The discussion is not how good/bad/whatever the car is, more about the nameplate.

Well if it's about nameplates, its utter fluff talk , it's meaningless. In would have thought the only premise about a specific car, is this.. is it any good, is it suitable , whats the evidence... you can run with the other crap if you like, go waste your time ...

I'm sure it is. It just isn't a Commodore. A few hundred a month agree with you. If they called it an Insignia I'm sure more would have also agreed.

^^^ This!

It's the premise of the thread.

Correct - I have never driven one but that point is moot.

I'm sure it's the greatest car ever built in a few hundred peoples eyes a month and as I have never even sat in one, agree I'm in no position what so ever to argue otherwise. But once again, that isn't the point of the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.