Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
no amount of whinging will get you anywhere
yeah im not sure what im more annoyed/disappointing about
i didnt expect there was an update, or im sure it would have been posted somewhere either here or a fb group.

but last time they told me no updates were available, and i had to give them the service bulletin number before they had a clue.
and now they tell me there is updates, and i give them the same service bulletin number, and what do you know thats the last one available.

do they not record this kind of information against a car? i get that its not the service reps fault, but it just makes them look foolish.

im not sure where they think 3 year updates are of any help to the customer.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
im sure this has been answered before but how do you tell what year the map version is?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
You can't tell what year your maps are but you can see the product number for your map data.

It's the third entry from the bottom, see here

PS: updated my post since i missunderstood your question ;)

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
From previous posts:

84160883 Version 30.12.10.11 is the 2018 Map Version (reputed to contain 2015 Maps).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
From previous posts:

84160883 Version 30.12.10.11 is the 2018 Map Version (reputed to contain 2015 Maps).
That’s the problem with MyLink maps, 30.12.10.11 is Holdens abstracted product number used by GM system / dealer service. It has no direct relationship to a year that the ‘Holden product’ was released nor any relationship to the year the map data provider actually collated the map data.

Does anyone know if Holden has any updated 2019 MyLink maps available (likely containing 2016 map data) o_O

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Does anyone know if Holden has any updated 2019
as per my post at the top of the page, i was told they would only release them every 3 years.
but thats relying on the word of a holden worker who had no idea my current maps were up to date.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ yeah I saw your post but I was hoping for something more authoritative than a inaccurate comment from a nondescript Holden worker :p

If Holden doesn’t want to support the VF, they should open up MyLink or add AA/ACP as a last update and be done with it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If they decide they're not going to support it, they wouldn't expend the time & effort involved in unlocking the system … it'll generate zero sales.
My understanding WRT AA/ACP is they require hardware which MyLink doesn't have.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ Yeah, that’s the common sentiment, but Holden providing a paid for MyLink feature” update to include AA/ACP can generate future sales though good will between seller and buyer.

And if bumping QNX from version 4.2 (as I think is used in VF) to version 5.0 (which provides AA/ACP software module) requires any hardware update, then so be it. Simply include it in an upgrade kit. Or better still upgrade to something more modern and open than QNX.

But dumping regular map updates and effectively orphaning a product is simply burning current customers and such behaviour can kill any good will and the prospect of future sales along with it. So it can’t and shouldn’t all be about making $’s now. Such is simply the myopic GM vision that has resulted in their slow death.

At the end of the day, if @TazzI can get somewhat down the track to being able to retrofit the newer MyLinks into the VF, then imagine how more effective it would be if he had access to GM/Holdens documentation. I doubt it would take more than one man year which puts development in the $1/$10/$100 per vehicle with a 100%/10%/1% uptake (being that there are 150,000 VF’s out there). So I really doubt it’s as costly as many seem to imply. GM/Holden should just get off their but and just do it.

Probably it will be @TazzI that solve the problem for us all but I won’t be buying another GM vehicle going forward. I’ve had a belly full of HCC and the dealers already o_O

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Yeah, that’s the common sentiment, but Holden providing a paid for MyLink feature” update to include AA/ACP can generate future sales though good will between seller and buyer.
I'm just not convinced that people wanting the appliances that Holden now sell would bother or care about whether they could pay $1k for an upgraded MyLink system.