Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
Went to get my ac regassed and got it given back because if wiring, i fixed the compressor wiring but now it still wont turn on, relay/fuse is ok, im aware that it may not turn on because it has no gas, but the little green wire connected to the compressor isn't getting power on the volt meter and i tried putting one end on the green wire and the other on every terminal on the ac button with the volt meter (the horse shoe setting) and still nothing. Is this all normal or have i fucked my wiring to the ecu if so can someone tell me where all the wires go to

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Have you tried removing your pressure switch plug and bridge the pins.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Here you go.

Attachments

• vr  air cond. .jpg
    vr air cond. .jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 3,465

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@Adrian's Vr, vehicle manufacturers are cheap... sometimes real cheap... Holden doesn’t install components unless they are needed. So they must have installed a pressure switch for a reason. Best to understand the consequences of bypassing the pressure switch before you feel it’s all sorted :rolleyes:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
@Adrian's Vr, vehicle manufacturers are cheap... sometimes real cheap... Holden doesn’t install components unless they are needed. So they must have installed a pressure switch for a reason. Best to understand the consequences of bypassing the pressure switch before you feel it’s all sorted :rolleyes:
no one was talking about running it how else does 1 prove its getting a compressor call before taking it back to get it gassed up probably best to have the wire off the compressor and the meter attached to the wire while one tests but a quick slash to together probably wont hurt, with the motor off id put 12 volts onto the compressor clutch to prove thats working also.
If its out on lp how does one make the compressor run to gas it up with out overriding the pressure switch?

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Have you tried removing your pressure switch plug and bridge the pins.
Good solve Trevor.
I presume that the OP has proceeded by then replacing the faulty cutout switch to have it fully sorted

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
no one was talking about running it how else does 1 prove its getting a compressor call before taking it back to get it gassed up probably best to have the wire off the compressor and the meter attached to the wire while one tests but a quick slash to together probably wont hurt, with the motor off id put 12 volts onto the compressor clutch to prove thats working also.
If its out on lp how does one make the compressor run to gas it up with out overriding the pressure switch?
Yep, as a fault finding measure, obviously it’s ok. But I couldn’t sleep so a drowsy late night post felt in order :p obviously i missed the testing intent of bridging the switch :oops: but then again, I thought “sorted it all out” meant a/c working well so off you drive, hence the warning :rolleyes:

Have you tried the VR/VS workshop manual in the second link in posted #2 above? Just curious how the manual worked out as whether it has all the wiring diagrams :cool: