Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

J

Jingle Bells

[Tyres were changed also from front to back and crisscrossed over...even though they had done only 6500kms...as part of the service and stated on the service coupon...all part of the $185 capped price servicing.....wonders will never cease....EXCELLENT SERVICE. /QUOTE]
I didn't think you could do that on the tyres that come std. Thought that those tyres were directional in that there is a specific outside and inside edge, preventing crossing them over, only able to be swapped front to back?
I was sure the stock tyres on my ve were like that

I know some tyres have an arrow on the outside indicating direction of rotation.....where you can only go from front to rear not cross them over....but on my VE SV6 ute there is "outside " just marked on tyre....the same as my VF SV6 auto....and the manual says to cross them over back to front....by the way the VE and VF SV6's 18" wheels are inter changeable.

God knows....how in hell would you get on if you bought a VF V8ss with wider tyres on the back compared to the front ones [ GMH Factory ] fitted....and a can of fly spray in the boot to pump up....or in lieu off you would need to carry 2 different size rims and tyres....what a nightmare....although GMH probably thought that little old ladies would buy them to go to church on Sundays.....not HOONS !!!!!!!

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I know some tyres have an arrow on the outside indicating direction of rotation.....where you can only go from front to rear not cross them over....but on my VE SV6 ute there is "outside " just marked on tyre....the same as my VF SV6 auto....and the manual says to cross them over back to front....by the way the VE and VF SV6's 18" wheels are inter changeable.

God knows....how in hell would you get on if you bought a VF V8ss with wider tyres on the back compared to the front ones [ GMH Factory ] fitted....and a can of fly spray in the boot to pump up....or in lieu off you would need to carry 2 different size rims and tyres....what a nightmare....although GMH probably thought that little old ladies would buy them to go to church on Sundays.....not HOONS !!!!!!!

In the redline, if you get the spare it is the thinner front spec. This is pretty normal my 350z had the same, you don't rotate them, then I always went though 2 sets of rears to one set of fronts. LOL

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VE's had assemetrical tyres fitted, which means they can be crossed over....Unfortunately, I haven't looked at a VF yet to know which tyres are fitted...ie assemetrical or directional...(directional have arrows on the outside sidewall, indicating the direction of travel for the tread.)

Some manufacturers make a wider tyre for the rear on their upspec models....

Some European cars aren't supplying a spare, as distances between towns aren't as great as what Australia is....So they supply the can of sealant, which is enough to get them out of the crap.....Unfortunately, when it comes to Australia, they haven't thought to allow the boot space to fit a spare, so we're stuck in a no win situation

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute

That's one of the reasons I chose to get an ssv over a redline, I don't want wider rims at the back, I actually do drive like a little old lady on the way to church ,so performance stuff like that is wasted on me

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Before purchasing my Calais Wagon, I was wondering what type of spare I was going to end up with, because I took the owners manual home while the car had its pre delivery etc, and it mentioned the pump and glue option.

Sounded pretty dodgy, buy was happy on pick up to find a full size spare with same rim as what was on the car.

cheers