Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware VF Holden Warranty Claims are now outsourced.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Man,
All this bitching about warranty makes my Ford dealer look really good.

New XR6 ute - wanted an oil change at 3000kms - they did it and let me watch it from the showroom/waiting lounge.

G6ET (Nov 2010) with extended warranty until 2015 and it's at the dealer for "work" all the time i.e. I keep hooning around in it and they keep fixing **** under warranty.
They also don't care about the aftermarket **** all in the engine bay either.

Missus broke the passenger side window switch a few weeks ago, went in to buy a replacement - service department gave me one to fit when I got home and all paperwork had "switch broken - Warranty replacement. Wouldn't even let me buy a window switch.
So yeah, I really do feel for you Holden owners, seems like your all getting the rough end of the stick...

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I only keep my cars 3-4 years so whatever the handbook says is what I do.
I know others guys who do it every 5,000k's so it comes down to the individual.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
Man,
All this bitching about warranty makes my Ford dealer look really good.
So yeah, I really do feel for you Holden owners, seems like your all getting the rough end of the stick...

Where are we bitching about the WARRANTY?

New owners are asking questions about the warranty.

And it sounds to me like your FORD seems to have to visit the dealer on a regular basis for warranty work, guess that explains why they you know so much about it.

Oh well back to talk about a proper car..

cheers

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Where are we bitching about the WARRANTY?

New owners are asking questions about the warranty.

And it sounds to me like your FORD seems to have to visit the dealer on a regular basis for warranty work, guess that explains why they you know so much about it.

Oh well back to talk about a proper car..

cheers

My point to you is that even without having to check anything, my dealer looks after me, the customer, for all work on the vehicle. Even non warranty stuff. I don't have to start a thread about how my service schedule has changed, or how work is "outsourced".

I don't wanna start a **** fight with people that have a "proper" car and all that.
Enjoy paying for everything you break on it. Mine has work done to it cos I don't treat it like a baby.
Everything I have had replaced or broken is in the rear drive line (exception is the power steering pump), quite common for this model, and a fact I was well aware of and knew about before my purchase.

So, yeah. You can go on about any car you like, but having that attitude makes you look like a right fool.
I have nothing against you or your model of Holden, but because I have a Ford that makes anything I say wrong I guess.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
You must have some special dealer, fixes anything you break!!!
That is amazing....

I dont have anything against fords I have owned lots of them.

What annoys me are stupid posts...

cheers

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
You must have some special dealer, fixes anything you break!!!
That is amazing....

I dont have anything against fords I have owned lots of them.

What annoys me are stupid posts...

cheers

It's not a stupid post mate, I really do think Holden owners are getting ripped off by dealerships. Long delays, issues with servicing etc.
The Ford dealer is just honest with me, that's all there is to it.
When I had all the rear bushes replaced, the diff cover, LSD cone and power steering rack all replaced (warranty) the service manger just said to me: "Less full lock when doing donuts mate".

And that's with the Blow off valve removed, aftermarket intercooler and piping, intake muffler removed and lowered etc.
Try sending a Holden to a dealership like that, or with a OTR and mafless tune.

I booted most of the Holdens out of our work fleet, because I couldn't stand the dribble I was being told by the dealers, when I came time to service them or replace the car.
And, for a whole other kettle of fish, I'd be pissed at all the factory recalls on the damn thing. I'd have traded it in for something else by now, if I was in your shoes.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
I dont know a quick google shows there are just as many Ford recalls as there is Holden.

As I said you must have one special dealer, you better buy him a beer for xmas.

cheers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mr Stockies....I have been a member on a particular forum related to your choice of vehicle and there has been plenty of gripes related to the service people have received for that brand of vehicle from their dealership.....

At the end of the day, we could all spend the next 10 years complaining about the service we receive from our local dealership and still never get 100 % satisfaction from 100% of members....just a sad fact of life

J

Jingle Bells

I would also like to know peoples opinions on this. Considering an oil change myself at 3000km. I plan on keeping it for a long time so reckons it's worth the investment, but probably would not do it if I was only keeping for 3 years or so.

HERE IS THE GOOD OIL:-

I had my VF SV6 Auto serviced yesterday 18/6/2014...bought Sept. 2013 ( before the workers were told that they would not have a job in the future )....6500kms only....9 months service as required by the Service/Warranty Booklet.

Was able to have a look under the car whilst on the hoist and the mechanic was draining the oil after removing the splash plate ( bash plate )

There was a lot of components under the bash plate including electronic, wires and the like......the drain for the evap. cond. from inside the car is in an a difficult position...make sure it is clear and able to drain the water otherwise a wet carpet inside.

RE-INSTALLATION OF THE BASH PLATE IS A MUST.

The oil was as BLACK as the ace of spades ( original oil ).....replaced with Castrol Magnatec PRO MPDX 5w/30 ( workshop supply )

CHANGE THE OIL and OIL FILTER EVERY 7500kms.

Sump plug is not replaced at 15000/9mths only at 30000/18mths Service.

Tyres were changed also from front to back and crisscrossed over...even though they had done only 6500kms...as part of the service and stated on the service coupon...all part of the $185 capped price servicing.....wonders will never cease....EXCELLENT SERVICE.

There was a whole lot of components and electronics from the front to the rear underneath .....it's a wonder of modern technology....not like the good old FC/FE Holden where you could obtain parts in any back yard.

Other than the above a MIGHTY CAR and totally happy with....just some info and thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
[Tyres were changed also from front to back and crisscrossed over...even though they had done only 6500kms...as part of the service and stated on the service coupon...all part of the $185 capped price servicing.....wonders will never cease....EXCELLENT SERVICE. /QUOTE]
I didn't think you could do that on the tyres that come std. Thought that those tyres were directional in that there is a specific outside and inside edge, preventing crossing them over, only able to be swapped front to back?
I was sure the stock tyres on my ve were like that