Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black oil after 2000kms

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
We had avgas and e85 at a few servos but those have mostly dissapeared but now NPD has 100octane at all their servos instead of 98.
Yip good stuff that 100 octane I run in it the ve and noticed it actually seems to get slightly better fuel economy over 98 on open road cruising

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
We had avgas and e85 at a few servos but those have mostly dissapeared but now NPD has 100octane at all their servos instead of 98.
I had a look at the NPD 100 octane and the specs are good! I wonder if NZ is a bit more lenient than Australia with hydrocarbon content as the NPD 100 is ethanol free. The old Shell 100 octane was 98 with 5% ethanol but the NZ 100 must have higher levels of Toluene or Zylene as the typical octane boosters. Compression ratios of 10:1 and higher tend to struggle on 98 with maximum power tunes.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Probably, we aren't that strict with ADR's we just kinda copy other peoples stuff as we don't have a local design/manufacturing so no real need for laws like that.

We do have Gull that sells 98ron E10 and that goes OK but you need to tune for it, other then that I don't think we have a lot of ethanol in our regular petrol.