Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais V - V6 vs V8

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If your not stuck on VF/VF2 and would consider something older, the AFM flex fuel capable Calais V Redlines with the cream/titamium interiours were a rather nice machine. They are hard to find with very low kms but they do occassionally pop up. They were also available in Wagon.

Heres a 2011 Calais V Redline Sedan in silver with 107,000kms for $24K DA and likley you'd haggle the price down.

Yes not VF, but if you don't like it, the loss would be much less buying a VF/VF2 and deciding you don't like that.

I actually looked for a Calais V Redline but none could be found so I went all in and bought the MSE. The juries is still out on whether that was a better choice due to Dealer/Holden issues that spoilt the purchase/delivery process for me.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
If your not stuck on VF/VF2 and would consider something older, the AFM flex fuel capable Calais V Redlines with the cream/titamium interiours were a rather nice machine. They are hard to find with very low kms but they do occassionally pop up. They were also available in Wagon.

Heres a 2011 Calais V Redline Sedan in silver with 107,000kms for $24K DA and likley you'd haggle the price down.

Yes not VF, but if you don't like it, the loss would be much less buying a VF/VF2 and deciding you don't like that.

I actually looked for a Calais V Redline but none could be found so I went all in and bought the MSE. The juries is still out on whether that was a better choice due to Dealer/Holden issues that spoilt the purchase/delivery process for me.
Aren't series 1 AFM VFs flex fuel capable too?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Huh? Ours is.
Maybe it was dropped for MY15 VF1?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Ah ok. I thought E85 capable was the same thing as flex capable. My mistake
No you’re correct about that up to e85 = flex fuel vehicle, just not correct to say they all VFI were - half were and half weren’t - from MY15 was dropped.

Huh? Ours is.
Maybe it was dropped for MY15 VF1?
Yes I think you are correct.