Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed 2005 VZ SS, Yellow sticker.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Check your local laws regarding sale of un-roadworthy vehicles. Perhaps WA Consumer Affairs may be a good place to start. In South Australia it is illegal for a Used Car Dealer to have and un-roadworthy vehicle offered for sale on their lot. Also an offence for them to sell and un-roadworthy vehicle. If you insist on modifying your vehicle for on-road use you will always be under the attention of Police and Transport Authorities re compliance with Pollution Control etc.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Check your local laws regarding sale of un-roadworthy vehicles. Perhaps WA Consumer Affairs may be a good place to start. In South Australia it is illegal for a Used Car Dealer to have and un-roadworthy vehicle offered for sale on their lot. Also an offence for them to sell and un-roadworthy vehicle. If you insist on modifying your vehicle for on-road use you will always be under the attention of Police and Transport Authorities re compliance with Pollution Control etc.

I', fairly sure, this line has already been covered.....The OP waited too long for anything to be done, so he has gone his way with getting it roadworthy

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
Got me sticker off a few weeks ago :) All mods permitted! ready to go! I got my old tune flashed back in as It was re-tuned to pass emissions. Seems like they fiddled with my original tune though because its still running a little too hot and when I put it in " Park " it revs out to 1800-2000 rpm, never used to do that. I'm thinking its doing it because its running too hot and its trying to cool itself down?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Got me sticker off a few weeks ago :) All mods permitted! ready to go! I got my old tune flashed back in as It was re-tuned to pass emissions. Seems like they fiddled with my original tune though because its still running a little too hot and when I put it in " Park " it revs out to 1800-2000 rpm, never used to do that. I'm thinking its doing it because its running too hot and its trying to cool itself down?
I doubt the high revs are to cool it down. That will be controlled by the various sensors signals back to the computer. I'd be getting your tuner to take another look.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
Ye I doubted that myself haha, Its pretty evident they fiddled with me tune and obviously couldnt get it to pass emissions so a new tune was put in, My old tune they flashed back in is just not the same as it was. Think I might just get a complete retune on the dyno to be honest, not very happy with the job the blokes done for me to pass pits. Had my car for like 6-7 weeks or something ridiculous and when I booked it in, the bloke was harpin on about how ill have it back in " 1-2 days because that's the way they do things "...…..full of ******* ****!