Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed 2005 VZ SS, Yellow sticker.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
Yes, it is going to cost you for things to be done, but the question begs...Why have a rant about being fined for failing to obey a request to return your number plates and a rant for the car yard not bowing down to your request?

Seriously mate, GTRBOYY may seem direct with his response, compared to mine, but he has a very valid point....You have a query on here, a rant on here about being fined and the car yard wanting not to do anything, yet you are accusing him of being pig headed...

Hate to say it, but you are the pig headed one, by not wanting the car yard return the car to stock form, getting the car roadworthy at what seems no cost to you and making out you're the hard done by one.

Seriously, you should have taken their offer up and worried about getting your car roadworthy with all the mods AFTER the car yard had finished.....Then you wouldn't have extra to pay as a result of your pig headedness by not returning the number plates.

Finally...I wouldn't know GTRBOYY if I tripped over him in the street. So if you think I am defending him because he might be a friend, you would be mistaken

I said big headed...and I couldn't get my plates because the tuner who had my car was away over east somewhere for weeks.......and ye the law doesnt give a **** so i get fined....im not rantin, just tryna explain the story in my own words...N if ya don't like it.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah probably was a bit blunt but we've all bought or modified cars knowing full well can get the no lube bubba treatment.

Fact remains op bought modified car then got defected...onus was on him not caryard to get it cleared in time.

As Monstar eloquently(lol) stated you've just been baptised to world of modified car ownership with defect notices & cancelled rego...then headfcuk to follow of dealing with workshops & jawdropping bills.

Agree caryard should have put it in writing & told you straight out being heavily modified (cam,stally,exhaust,otr,tune) once you leave the driveway you're on your own for warranty & defects.

Think dyno sheet said Active(?) perhaps go there for chat/quote to see what they do to get around defects having done large number of cars over there.

From what I gather, the op was aware it was modified at time of purchase. The onus is on the car yard to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy at point of sale. which it plainly wasn't. However it does appear the car yard was willing to right their wrong at their expense, but the op didn't appear to take up the offer the car yard put on the table...The op wanted it roadworthied in it's current state of modification.

From where I sit, the car yard appears to be in the right (as much as I despise caryards) and the op will have to put up with his/her stubborness and wear all costs he/her have and might receive in the future and hopefully learn from his/her mistake in the future.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
From what I gather, the op was aware it was modified at time of purchase. The onus is on the car yard to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy at point of sale. which it plainly wasn't. However it does appear the car yard was willing to right their wrong at their expense, but the op didn't appear to take up the offer the car yard put on the table...The op wanted it roadworthied in it's current state of modification.

From where I sit, the car yard appears to be in the right (as much as I despise caryards) and the op will have to put up with his/her stubborness and wear all costs he/her have and might receive in the future and hopefully learn from his/her mistake in the future.

ye your right there mate

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
but its just not as good without the cam so ye, dno if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they woulda pulled the stall off and some other **** so wtf was the point of buyin the car if its gonna get pulled apart? ya know what I mean

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah probably was a bit blunt but we've all bought or modified cars knowing full well can get the no lube bubba treatment.

Fact remains op bought modified car then got defected...onus was on him not caryard to get it cleared in time.

As Monstar eloquently(lol) stated you've just been baptised to world of modified car ownership with defect notices & cancelled rego...then headfcuk to follow of dealing with workshops & jawdropping bills.

Agree caryard should have put it in writing & told you straight out being heavily modified (cam,stally,exhaust,otr,tune) once you leave the driveway you're on your own for warranty & defects.

Think dyno sheet said Active(?) perhaps go there for chat/quote to see what they do to get around defects having done large number of cars over there.

ye I tried to get in contact with them and left message they arnt interested sadly, ive got most of it worked out now anyway, goin to chuck on some stock cats and exhaust manifolds, little bit of ethanol, might have to change my exhaust to stock as well but I'm sure that will get my car over the pits. I'm thinking of getting an engineer's cert for the cam and other mods too so next time hopefully they will leave me alone

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That's what I meant by sole reason you bought car was for the mods! Otherwise it would be boring...may as well get it passed with mods & engineers cert since rego is cancelled.

Had modded up vy ss ute daily driver...kept stock airbox,engine covers,rear muffler & stock wheels in shed to clear defects & make it look standard...if got epa'd game over.

Got any 'friendly' inspection stations over there to clear defects or is it done differently?

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
ye I think ill get the eng certs done first if its not too expensive and I hope so for the friendly inspections places, gonna try avoid the main government owned inspection centre for sure and go private just gonna have to do some hunting around

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
OP is a young bloke Big Boy pipe big lope cam per first rodeo, busted for not knowing better, needs a rope. Just sayin no need to whip him with it, seemed to almost noose himself in the tangle.
Apart from sticker on window now has weight of WA law (we know is an ass, a hairy fat arse) on his lips.
He’s polite enough called it for what it is yet wasn’t name calling (read big headed as in looking down from high horse not some particular person singled out as pig headed). A misread cranks a rant.
Old mate trying to navigate the absurdity of compliance when dealing in the shade and slightly outside the rules, high stake trust / gamble with sales sharks, sticky detail of red tape, forum advice equally spewing forth wisdom wives tales and red herrings.
Recognises there’s lessons in this tangled web, right now no alternative other than kiss the arse on his lips.
Cut some slack worse things happen at sea, more story to come needs a happy ending eh?

OH dear...Some idiot pressed a "P" instead of a "B" on his keyboard and is now apologising profusely for his mistake....

So especially for you God of the internet and mister perfection personified....I'm extremely sorry, and I will endeavour to ensure I proof read my postings in future to ensure they are spelling mistake free.

And I will also endeavour to make sure that I get your pre approval before posting anything, to ensure it doesn't classify as a "rant" in your eyes...And considering you live around me, I will ensure I look out for your car and make sure I bow my head in shame

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Stig Gif.gif

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
ayy thought id let ya's know whats been goin on with the SS, so I took her to a mechanical engineer, ( had to wait 10 weeks for paperwork to even take the car there ) he welded the stock cats on with new tune etc, wouldn't pass emissions. Got Euro 5 cats put on, passed emissions first attempt. Also got him to weld up a housing for my SSZ/Monaro gauges. 2880 for all that.

got me car back a week ago, paperwork for the permits for cam, otr etc just got approved yesterday, $800 for that. so around 3700 all up!

to be honest I woulda been better off $$ wise just chucking a stock cam in but it does sound really nice with the custom grind cam I gotta admit!

I've learnt A LOT!! from buying a modded car, kicking myself as the car yard next door had an 05 VZ Calais 5.7L with 80xxxkm's on it for the same price all stock standard!!!! we live and we learn!! pretty happy with it still tho as only had 160xxxkm's and is in pretty much pristine condition inside and out, was actually in better condition than the Calais but ye I had no idea about all of this bullshit when I bought the thing as most of you that joined the thread will know! I Still think me SS is easily worth 15-17grand tho givin the condition and how much $$ has been spent on her.

gonna take her for inspection within the next week or so, theoretically that sticker should just get peeled right off :) Ill let ya's know how it goes!