Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cammed 2005 VZ SS, Yellow sticker.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Auto 4 speed 5.7L Gen III LS1
I did everything I could, I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to do that anyway, he had the car for 2 months n didn't even start doing it. I'm about 99% sure he was just tryna drag it out so he didn't have to do it.

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did everything I could, I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to do that anyway, he had the car for 2 months n didn't even start doing it. I'm about 99% sure he was just tryna drag it out so he didn't have to do it.
The rego office isn't stupid for wanting to fine you.....You are.....From re-reading this thread, there has been suggestions the car yard wanted to make this car roadworthy, by bringing it back to stock....you on the other hand want to go another direction, which is your choice....You should have gotten off your butt and done plenty more to get the car roadworthy in one way or the other and it would have saved you this fine.

Yes, harsh words, but truthful...Oh and I have serious doubts the car yard would do anymore for you, considering the time frame that has lapsed since the noticed was issued

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

If I am reading the thread correctly, the car yard wanted to bring the car back to stock condition and make the car roadworthy....You on the other hand, wanted to have all the fruit and get it passed roadworthy.....

Unfortunately, car yards don't have to spend mega dollars to get the car passed for roadworthy, especially with the modifications done to this car.....They will spend minimal dollars to get the car roadworthy....So in this instance, getting it returned to stock was the cheapest option, which you didn't want to accept.

If the yard had left it sit for 2 months with doing nothing, by you going to your local transport department with the issues and proof (ie receipt for purchase and defect notice), I'm fairly sure they would have paid the yard a visit and got them into gear making your car roadworthy....However, judging by this thread, you wanted it passed with all the fruit, yet the car yard only wanted to make it roadworthy by the cheapest means possible....

Sorry to say, in this instance you couldn't have your cake and eat it too. It also may seem as though I'm all for the car yard and not having modifications done to a car, I'm not. I enjoy modifying cars and I'm not a big fan of car yards and how they operate....However in this instance, by you wishing to stick to your guns, you're the one that's left out of pocket in a big way

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
lets just see how much its going to cost me, ill let you know.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Bet you bought car thinking it would be wild to drive & knew when you got caught being silly cops would defect it.

Looking at 1st post it has otr,twin 3' pipes + 5.7(?) with 356rwhp if dynosheet is correct car would sound like a bushpig

Then to top it off you didn't get it fixed in time of notice period after defected.

Cam + mods on it not really roadworthy/safety issue which is why yard didn't want to fix it..defect is for emissions

blackteeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
man whats with you big headed people hey, I got done in a parking lot....didn't even have my foot on the throttle, also no n cheers for the positive input mate

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
lets just see how much its going to cost me, ill let you know.

Yes, it is going to cost you for things to be done, but the question begs...Why have a rant about being fined for failing to obey a request to return your number plates and a rant for the car yard not bowing down to your request?

Seriously mate, GTRBOYY may seem direct with his response, compared to mine, but he has a very valid point....You have a query on here, a rant on here about being fined and the car yard wanting not to do anything, yet you are accusing him of being pig headed...

Hate to say it, but you are the pig headed one, by not wanting the car yard return the car to stock form, getting the car roadworthy at what seems no cost to you and making out you're the hard done by one.

Seriously, you should have taken their offer up and worried about getting your car roadworthy with all the mods AFTER the car yard had finished.....Then you wouldn't have extra to pay as a result of your pig headedness by not returning the number plates.

Finally...I wouldn't know GTRBOYY if I tripped over him in the street. So if you think I am defending him because he might be a friend, you would be mistaken

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
OP is a young bloke Big Boy pipe big lope cam per first rodeo, busted for not knowing better, needs a rope. Just sayin no need to whip him with it, seemed to almost noose himself in the tangle.
Apart from sticker on window now has weight of WA law (we know is an ass, a hairy fat arse) on his lips.
He’s polite enough called it for what it is yet wasn’t name calling (read big headed as in looking down from high horse not some particular person singled out as pig headed). A misread cranks a rant.
Old mate trying to navigate the absurdity of compliance when dealing in the shade and slightly outside the rules, high stake trust / gamble with sales sharks, sticky detail of red tape, forum advice equally spewing forth wisdom wives tales and red herrings.
Recognises there’s lessons in this tangled web, right now no alternative other than kiss the arse on his lips.
Cut some slack worse things happen at sea, more story to come needs a happy ending eh?

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
OP is a young bloke Big Boy pipe big lope cam per first rodeo, busted for not knowing better, needs a rope. Just sayin no need to whip him with it, seemed to almost noose himself in the tangle.
Apart from sticker on window now has weight of WA law (we know is an ass, a hairy fat arse) on his lips.
He’s polite enough called it for what it is yet wasn’t name calling (read big headed as in looking down from high horse not some particular person singled out as pig headed). A misread cranks a rant.
Old mate trying to navigate the absurdity of compliance when dealing in the shade and slightly outside the rules, high stake trust / gamble with sales sharks, sticky detail of red tape, forum advice equally spewing forth wisdom wives tales and red herrings.
Recognises there’s lessons in this tangled web, right now no alternative other than kiss the arse on his lips.
Cut some slack worse things happen at sea, more story to come needs a happy ending eh?
Jesus mate, were you on the sauce last night?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah probably was a bit blunt but we've all bought or modified cars knowing full well can get the no lube bubba treatment.

Fact remains op bought modified car then got defected...onus was on him not caryard to get it cleared in time.

As Monstar eloquently(lol) stated you've just been baptised to world of modified car ownership with defect notices & cancelled rego...then headfcuk to follow of dealing with workshops & jawdropping bills.

Agree caryard should have put it in writing & told you straight out being heavily modified (cam,stally,exhaust,otr,tune) once you leave the driveway you're on your own for warranty & defects.

Think dyno sheet said Active(?) perhaps go there for chat/quote to see what they do to get around defects having done large number of cars over there.