Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Chevy badges ‘on my new car’ what’s the go?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I doubt they laugh at us. Where was the domestic equivalent of the Chevrolets Ss while the VF was exported there? It received great reviews in the States but the United Auto unions prevented it being sold there in greater numbers and Chevrolets apparently did a poor promotional job because numbers were restricted.
And no sportwagons or ute's at all...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I doubt they laugh at us. Where was the domestic equivalent of the Chevrolets Ss while the VF was exported there? It received great reviews in the States but the United Auto unions prevented it being sold there in greater numbers and Chevrolets apparently did a poor promotional job because numbers were restricted.

The Commodore started its US life as a Pontiac in the middle of a GFC. It was the right brand but sadly folded, that was my point on rebadging. It's only a couple of yanks I know, you got me there ;)

The car got great reviews but just wasn't popular, the two are not synonymous. There were heaps of unsold cars. It was a bit smug for Holden to believe they could just inject an Aussie car into a huge domestic market with its 'king of the hill' bases already covered and succeed. I have no doubt there were resisting forces at play but in such a connected age promoting something is less suppressible.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Slightly deviation, but the HK? with the 327 had an emblem underneath the 327 number...To me, it looks like a bowtie...The same with the HQ 350 badge, I think...Would you say the same?
No. HK and HT had a V made from two flags. Nothing like a bow tie. HG used the same except for 350 which just had 350 stickers, likewise HQ.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Can a get a grille for a VE SS S1 with no badge at all?

I want to debadge the whole car and love an open grille too. For the life of me I can't find one and I don't want to just take the badge off the grille because it will look dodgy.

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
Letterbox grille has no badges.

VE_Commodore_Letter_Box_Grill_Series_1_ONLY_S_SS_Models_1024x1024.png

Only thing is just about every second VE has one these days.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Letterbox grille has no badges.

VE_Commodore_Letter_Box_Grill_Series_1_ONLY_S_SS_Models_1024x1024.png

Only thing is just about every second VE has one these days.
Yeah these I guess are the closest thing I can find.

Thanks brother.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
What do you guys think if I get a chev badge grille (with the chrome strip in the middle) and instead of the bogan bowtie I put a SS badge?

Is that bogan-y too?

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
Yeah these I guess are the closest thing I can find.

Thanks brother.
No prob.

I've thought about getting one but I'm undecided.

Grande316

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega Ute
What do you guys think if I get a chev badge grille (with the chrome strip in the middle) and instead of the bogan bowtie I put a SS badge?

Is that bogan-y too?
I've wondered about that myself, such as a Chev grille with a lion badge. I actually like the look of the grille, just not the badge.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Is that bogan-y too?

My personal opinion is, your car, put what you wish on it....If others don't like it, stiff bikkies....It's not parked in their driveway annoying the crap out of them every night