Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do the VF SV6 has oil consumption problem?

Stroppy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Sportwagon
Always...ALWAYS use the recommended synthetic oil type and buy a good brand of oil. Do not use "semi synthetic" or just mineral oil... you'll clag the engine. Always change the oil at or before the recommended interval...earlier if you do long miles in bad climate conditions or only use the car for short trips to the shops. Always change the oil filter cartridge with the oil change and always put a new air filter in when you are having a service (they aren't all that expensive).

D-j-f

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf evoke
Always...ALWAYS use the recommended synthetic oil type and buy a good brand of oil. Do not use "semi synthetic" or just mineral oil... you'll clag the engine. Always change the oil at or before the recommended interval...earlier if you do long miles in bad climate conditions or only use the car for short trips to the shops. Always change the oil filter cartridge with the oil change and always put a new air filter in when you are having a service (they aren't all that expensive).
Yer i do I put penright in but had scan done yesterday the engine light is on because of a sencer have to wait 3 weeks for parts then no more engin light

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I had to put 1L of oil when the car had about 9000k on the clock and it hold me that engine oil was needed. The car had now done 92000k and had not to add any oil. I check the oil on a regular basis and have it serviced by my preferred holden dealer every 15k. The car is a July 2013 build VF Calais V Sportswagon V6