Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faulty fuel injectors on the LS3 motor

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Holden Commodore SS V8
Why haven’t Holden done a recall on the 2016 Holden Commodore V8
SS . I have so far replaced 4 fuel injectors on the LS3 motor in the space of 4 months .

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Do a searh on the forum. Holden should replace all 8 free of charge

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
yes, do a search as there are a couple of threads on injector issues where comments were expressed that this issue should have been handled by a recall :p But Holden = tight arse = doesn’t care that much about its customer :mad:

Also take note of Australian consumer law as you’ve got a good argument that Holden should refund you all your costs to date for replacing the fault injectors. And they should replace the remainin* injectors (if not all 8 just to be certain they are warranted by Holden).

I‘d be taking to HCC after reading the threads and familiarising yourself with ACL statutory warranty :p

Kazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Holden Commodore SS V8
My car is out of warranty.
Why haven’t Holden done a recall on the 2016 Holden Commodore V8
SS . I have so far replaced 4 fuel injectors on the LS3 motor in the space of 4 months .
because that would cost them money, they chose to ignore it because it was more profitable that way.
but first they want me to spend another $300 for a diagnostic test through a Holden dealer when I already know from how the car is rough idling misfiring and jerky . The display shows there is a problem . My mechanic does a diagnostic test for free and will tell me the fault . You can see from the dislay on the dash that said ESP service and shows a spanner and then you have to wait for them to see if they will take it up as a claim and also wear and tear . That is BS the car is almost brand new inside and out it has only done 60,000 klms on 6 years

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

but first they want me to spend another $300 for a diagnostic test through a Holden dealer when I already know from how the car is rough idling misfiring and jerky . The display shows there is a problem . My mechanic does a diagnostic test for free and will tell me the fault . You can see from the dislay on the dash that said ESP service and shows a spanner and then you have to wait for them to see if they will take it up as a claim and also wear and tear . That is BS the car is almost brand new inside and out it has only done 60,000 klms on 6 years

It does not matter that your car is out of warranty. This is known issue..

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
There is a voluntary fixed period factory warranty which may have expired. But the manufacturer can still honour an expired warranty for known issues with their product (that’s been the case for a few members) or still honour for vehicle specific issues which you raised during servicing and documented on the service receipt before warranty expired (also the case for a few members).

Then there is your statutory warranty as defined under Australian Consumer Law. This warranty can not be excluded and doesn’t specify a duration. Basically any product you buy must be durable and last for a period which a normal person would consider reasonable (which is based on what the product is, what was paid and the publics expectations as to how long it should last without issue).

With either factory warranty or statutory warranty, often things don’t just fall on your lap, you have to push for it to occur.

In the USA, it’s also not uncommon for vehicle manufacturers to extend their factory warranty for owners of vehicles where known issues exist and to refund owners their repairs costs if they’ve have already paid to have the issue repaired previously (before it was acknowledged as a known issue). GM recall notices available on NHTSA.gov website have forms for owners to make such claims…

Holden doesn’t do the same claim forms as it’s mother company but ACL allows similar and goes further to allow for reasonable consequential loss to be claimed from the selling dealer and/or vehicle importer/manufacturer. ACL is a powerful consumer friendly bit of legislation.

So there are ways forward, just don’t take it lying down, fight for your rights as afforded under law.

As I already mentioned, do a search and read some threads on the subject, noting posts that discuss your ACL rights. learn your rights in law, the terminology used within ACL and fight for your rights (because the dealer isn’t always going to do that on your behalf)…

Else just suck it up and pay the $300 bucks for diagnosis and pay for any subsequent repair costs. That way you can be done with any thoughts of having the selling dealer/manufacturer fix this known issue and/or be done of any thoughts of claiming back your previous repair costs :p

So to put it bluntly, stop whining how it’s unfair and learn by reading what’s already been said on this subject in other threads. Then ring HCC and demand your rights intelligently. Also good to discuss the matter with Fair Trading and be prepared to go to NCAT to have this resolved if Holden choose to be dicks. If you have armed yourself with information and are prepared for NCAT it’s easier to get a positive outcome when talking to HCC and the selling dealer ;) whining won’t get you a good outcome:rolleyes:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
yep a warranty period is a cool story without enough dragons in australia, the consumer guarantee is the thorn in a retailers side in this country ;)

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
It must be said this applies if the car was bought new, otherwise the statutory warranty is 3 months.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
It must be said this applies if the car was bought new, otherwise the statutory warranty is 3 months.

it can be purchased second hand from a dealer and if there is factory warranty remaining that would be transferred to the new owner and then if it expires you would need to argue under the consumer guarantee.

if it is purchased by auction you have no protection under acl.