Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I love the coloured dash, go Holden! about time they stoped begin so boring, it's so grey and crapy outside in Winter and an orange dash should really wake you up in the morning :) oh an no more stupid triangle hazzard button, YAY I so hated that in the VY/Z I wont ever buy one and the only real reason is that button

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Im not sure the narrative on some of the pics is correct.

I don't think the red screen is Sat Nav - more like an information screen (clock/speedo alert etc.).

If so - I hope it not what I call the "tinny" sort of red numbers like you get on an old calculator.

Whats confusing me is, if it is an information panel and the other dash with the TFT screen (which I believe to be sat nav) - then it seems to me that only certain cars can have factory sat nav depending on the dash.

I'm not sure if the TFT screen dash is a stato or calais format. All this guess work!! Still only a few more weeks to go hopefully.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
i agree, the little red screen in the 3rd and 4th pics IS NOT SAT NAV

its more likeley to be time/date/outside temp ect

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
The plain jane one with the "satnav" screen can't be, its just a black and white low spec screen mounted high to display basic info.

The Orange one with 2 screens is an SSV.
Therefore I think the one with only the highup red screen is plain SS.
ie with the SSV you get a TFT screen for the premium in car entertainment unit.
Or maybe the TFT screen is just an option for "premium audio".

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
BadMac said:
The plain jane one with the "satnav" screen can't be, its just a back and white low spec screen mounted high to display basic info.

The Orange one with 2 screens is an SSV.
Therefore I think the one with only the highup red screen is plain SS.
ie with the SSV you get a TFT screen for the premium in car entertainment unit.
Or maybe the TFT screen is just an option for "premium audi".

I woulda thought that the cluster would still be more traditional "SS" style in the SS, rather than only giving that option to the SSV? It seems to plain to be SS, its a pity they dont show the shifter, whether its sequential shift or not...

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
SS versus SSV

Not sure if I've missed info on this.........what is the current thinking about the differences (internal and external) between the SS and SSV?

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
SS (Spec similar to current SV8)
SS V-Series (SS with upgrades introduced with SS-Z, ie gauges, leather, bluetooth, wheels, climate, etc)

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
What bout the Calais and the Calais-V will there be much difference there any idea on what the differences will be there perhaps they might be deleting the berlina ?

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
Laila said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think the VE shape looks like an old "seat", plus with all the cheap asian parts on the new model, who will be running out to buy one in a hurry???

I'll just sit back and wait for the series II - at best:flame:

An old seat? I dont get it. Just because they are asian parts doesnt mean that they are dodgy. It might have been the case some years ago but in some cases the asian parts are as good if not better than some Australian parts. It might seem bad that they go for cheaper Asian parts but they do it so the price of the vehicle stays down so people still buy it. Its no good buying dearer Aussie parts when the price of the vehicle will be too expensive for people to buy. They dont like to do it but they have to do it to stay alive.

I cant see why supposed Holden lovers keep on bagging it and causing bad publicity for the new model. The more bad things you say about it the more people you will convince not to buy it. The media does this the worst. Look what they're doing to Mitsubishi. Dont bag it when you dont even know what it is really like. I'm sure all of us want to see the Aussie built Holden live on.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
drewins said:
An old seat? I dont get it. Just because they are asian parts doesnt mean that they are dodgy. It might have been the case some years ago but in some cases the asian parts are as good if not better than some Australian parts. It might seem bad that they go for cheaper Asian parts but they do it so the price of the vehicle stays down so people still buy it. Its no good buying dearer Aussie parts when the price of the vehicle will be too expensive for people to buy. They dont like to do it but they have to do it to stay alive.

I cant see why supposed Holden lovers keep on bagging it and causing bad publicity for the new model. The more bad things you say about it the more people you will convince not to buy it. The media does this the worst. Look what they're doing to Mitsubishi. Dont bag it when you dont even know what it is really like. I'm sure all of us want to see the Aussie built Holden live on.

Exactly...And from what I can see and have heard, the VE is a much better build quality than any commodore thats come before it. Holden also has an objective to keep locally based parts vital to their car, so there will still be plenty of australian parts kept in the car.