Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Mine is a 2013 , i know when i source them from america some times they are out of stock but normaly only have to wait a day or so for them to restock . Holden probably only have a couple of suppliers so they will not hunt around to get you a cheap deal . I can recall when i replaced the first 2 that the cost was still cheaper than 1 over here and they would be getting a better deal on them than me . I also have paper work on my calais that shows what has been done since it was born , in that paper work they also replaced an injector so that will make 4 so far .

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Wayne001, did you get an engine light come on in all cases?

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
No just a rough idle , checked the resistance and was up to 13 ohms . Can recall when i replaced the faulty ones the idle was good .

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Just did a search were i bought from before $35.00 american dollars delivered , 8 to 11 days .

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
No just a rough idle , checked the resistance and was up to 13 ohms . Can recall when i replaced the faulty ones the idle was good .

What should the resistance be? My Redline has a rough idle. Director smooth as. Also the SS idles very high sometimes especially when cold.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Just a minor update for those interested. Got my car back this morning. Apparently they changed all 8 injectors (so including the one I paid for back in June). Complaint going off to Holden, will let you know how I get on (not really expecting anything from them, in which case I'll be taking things up with the ACCC).

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
standard resistance is about 12 ohms

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just a minor update for those interested. Got my car back this morning. Apparently they changed all 8 injectors (so including the one I paid for back in June). Complaint going off to Holden, will let you know how I get on (not really expecting anything from them, in which case I'll be taking things up with the ACCC).
Keep in mind that ACCC would be interested from the perspective of Holdens undertaking to them, to follow consumer law (and presumably ensure their franchisee's do the same). But ACCC generally don't get involved in individual consumer issues as such.

The fact your dealer charged you for injectors, for a vehicle only a month out of manuafcturers warranty, where these injectors should have lasted the life of the vehicle, is wrong. The dealer should have considered the ACL statuatory warranty, or even checked with Holden, which they seemingly failed to do. This as such would be a consumer affairs case (with interest to the ACCC as siad above). However, Holden should help sort out their franchisee's consumer law failure if presented to them in the correct light of their undertaking to ACCC.

Just keep in mind that whatever you buy, the seller has to ensure the product they sell is fit for service and of merchandisble quality. That is they must abide by your statuatory warranty within ACL. The manufacturer, in once sence, simply provides support to the seller via their manufacturers fixed duration warranty. Again, keep in mind that your ACL statuatory warranty right offers an undefined duration garantee as such and this can trump a manufacturers fixed warranty duration. As such, never put up with any dealer's out of warranty crap even where a manufacturer doesn't accept a claim as the seller can't fob you off to the manufactrer and thus decline a vaild statuatory warranty claim. After all, dealers being registered businesses are obliged to follow the law just as we are...

As a last point, all work provided by someone being paid for such work is also convered by ACL. So paying for some eplacement part only to find the fault still exists would be covered by ACL as a failed repair and should be refunded. Yet we vehicle owners seem to accept the situation where a dealer can continue to add parts hoping to find the final solution at out cost... odd indeed :eek:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The manufacturer, in once sence, simply provides support to the seller via their manufacturers fixed duration warranty.

Actually, under the Section 274 of the ACL....

Indemnification of suppliers by manufacturers

(1) A manufacturer of goods is liable to indemnify a person (the
supplier) who supplies the goods to a consumer if:
(a) the supplier is liable to pay damages under section 259(4) to
the consumer for loss or damage suffered by the consumer;
and
(b) the manufacturer is or would be liable under section 271 to
pay damages to the consumer for the same loss or damage.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1), a manufacturer of goods is liable
to indemnify a person (the supplier) who supplies the goods to a
consumer if:
(a) the supplier incurs costs because the supplier is liable under
this Part for a failure to comply with a guarantee that applies
to the supply under Subdivision A of Division 1 of Part 3-2;
and
(b) the failure is:
(i) a failure to comply with the guarantee under section 54;
or

(3) The supplier may, with respect to the manufacturer’s liability to
indemnify the supplier, commence an action against the
manufacturer in a court of competent jurisdiction for such legal or
equitable relief as the supplier could have obtained if that liability
had arisen under a contract of indemnity made between them.

Note - Section 54 contemplates Guarantee as to acceptable quality.