Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Matt_VFSSV it's always easier resolving such faults if you have access to another vehicle since you're not under self induced pressured to achieve a quick outcome :) Such self induced pressure often results in just paying $$$ to get it done without delay :oops:

Anyway, under ACL, it's the seller that has the primary obligation to rectify the fault. But don't feel sorry for the seller as they aren't out of pocket since they can claim such rectification costs from their supplier (manufacturer/importer).

That being the case, Holden does come to the party on such ACL issues via their dealer network. This means one can get ACL statutory warranty fixes at any dealer, not just the selling dealer. BUT why so many dealers still try and pull the wool over an unsuspecting purchaser eyes when they know better, just so they can score a better paid retail fix as compared to Holden's lower cost ACL statutory warranty / goodwill claim process, well that defines their morality in once sence and in those cases i find it rather gauling. So when i catch them out trying such crap, when i know they know better, i have no problem ripping them a new one and claiming all out of pocket costs and/or afree map update or free future service :cool:

The only issue with Holden is that GM has pulled the plug aso they'll possibly play hardball going forward o_O

I'm sure it will work out in your favour but good luck anyway :D

[EDITED: should not walk away from monitor and post without refreshing the page on my return. As such i missed your post but it's great to hear its all sorted]

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
Following up from my Injector Failure, Holden Customer Care are playing hard ball and won't replace the other 7 injectors.

HCC did say they would replace the injector if it failed outside of the warranty period though.

Does anyone know if it is Techline 20-4-002 that covers replacing all 8 injectors please? Holden denied there was one out.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Following up from my Injector Failure, Holden Customer Care are playing hard ball and won't replace the other 7 injectors.

HCC did say they would replace the injector if it failed outside of the warranty period though.

Does anyone know if it is Techline 20-4-002 that covers replacing all 8 injectors please? Holden denied there was one out.

Well #$*@ me.

It looks like another injector has failed.

After disagreeing with the dealer that the car was using more petrol than what it should (14/100 highway), I got another misfire today.

This time it is injector no. 4 (no. 6 last time).

So the car is being towed first thing in the morning back to the dealer.

They better replace all remaining injectors this time.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Well #$*@ me.

It looks like another injector has failed.

After disagreeing with the dealer that the car was using more petrol than what it should (14/100 highway), I got another misfire today.

This time it is injector no. 4 (no. 6 last time).

So the car is being towed first thing in the morning back to the dealer.

They better replace all remaining injectors this time.

Oh that's pretty farked up after having a previous injector fail.

Matt ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF s2 ssv redline
Seeing how common this problem is has me a little concerned, im trading in my 2013 l77 ute for a 2017 ls3 sedan - iv had no issues with my l77, 72 000kms, has a high idle at rare times and sometimes feels lacking on power but its never lasted and always returns to normal.... hope i dont "upgrade" to injector problems ..!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Seeing how common this problem is has me a little concerned, im trading in my 2013 l77 ute for a 2017 ls3 sedan - iv had no issues with my l77, 72 000kms, has a high idle at rare times and sometimes feels lacking on power but its never lasted and always returns to normal.... hope i dont "upgrade" to injector problems ..!

Fix them and the car is running again. simple.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Fix them and the car is running again. simple.
Just buy the car and play dumb in relation to the potentially faulty injectors.

Should you later experiance this known fault, have it fixed "gratis" as is your legal right under ACL statutory warranty. You may be initially screwed around a bit but it must be sorted by the selling dealer who can then claim their costs back from Holden.

I wouldn't sinmply pay for all 8 injectors and their fittment myself as it'd be worth the small hassle to excersise your ACL rights as afforded to you by law.

(Holden has continually stated in the media they will look after their customers with service, warranty and recall issues so you've got lots of press to reference should they start to behave like sh!ts)

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got my car back yesterday and all the remaining 7 injectors have been replaced.

Matt ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF s2 ssv redline
Picked up a 2016 ssv redline 2 weeks ago and just got a service esp warning and running rough.. will be contacting holden first thing in the morning! Hopefully all goes smoothly

I Wish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, Nitrate Silver Wagon
For those out of warranty are there aftermarket ones that are plug and play and more reliable?