Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injectors

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Hi all had service ESP come up on dashboard, I’ve seen the threads regarding this problem,first I’ve heard this was happening can anyone update me on weather they have had any luck with Holden coming to the party in fixing this
Car is booked in with Holden tomorrow, obviously it’s out of warranty should I prepare and slap the vaso on
And what would I expect to be charged to replace the fuel injectors
Cheers

Darren Willis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S2 6.2 Sedan
Hi all had service ESP come up on dashboard, I’ve seen the threads regarding this problem,first I’ve heard this was happening can anyone update me on weather they have had any luck with Holden coming to the party in fixing this
Car is booked in with Holden tomorrow, obviously it’s out of warranty should I prepare and slap the vaso on
And what would I expect to be charged to replace the fuel injectors
Cheers
Hey mate, I had the same problem last week. Injector number 2 was stuffed.I didn’t even bother with GMSV & just bought a whole set of 8 from AP Eagers in Brisbane $950. Bit expensive but I wasn’t gonna give the rip off dealers any more money so I did them myself. Pretty easy job took about 2 hours without rushing. I only just did the air con high pressure hose a couple of weeks ago. Now today I am hearing lifter tick whilst engine is cold.
I also had to replace the roof lining on Friday as that started to sag because I was driving with window down until I could fix the air con.
And last but not least whilst listening to lifter tick I noticed the harmonic balancer has a bit of a wobble.car has only done 80k & been babied.
Surely nothing else could go wrong.smh

• Sad
Reactions: Lex

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
I’m not holding my breath with Holden , unfortunately I’m not that great with the mechanical side of things so will have to take it to local mechanic, only done 39000ks , but was reassured by the Holden bloke that we have had cars back at 16000ks with same problem,like that was supposed to make me feel better, hopefully who ever I see tomorrow had a fantastic weekend and is willing to come to the party

Darren Willis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V S2 6.2 Sedan
I’m not holding my breath with Holden , unfortunately I’m not that great with the mechanical side of things so will have to take it to local mechanic, only done 39000ks , but was reassured by the Holden bloke that we have had cars back at 16000ks with same problem,like that was supposed to make me feel better, hopefully who ever I see tomorrow had a fantastic weekend and is willing to come to the party
Yeah mate,I wouldn’t hold my breath either with Holden coming to the party.I hope things work out well for you.if they want to rip you off for the job you should really have a crack yourself. They are quite easy & there is a very good tutorial on YouTube with good video.
Best of luck.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I'm sure the dealer won't want to do it for free and will work hard to get out of it, but by rights it's a known issue, and I'd be pushing hard for a no-charge job.

Vaso may not be enough, it might be a good idea if you practice with a watermelon before you drop it off.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
LOL I think I might work my way up to the watermelon and start off with grape,,,
Saw holden today well Mitsubishi really they didn’t give me much info on there diagnostic scan only telling me there is a fault and Holden will be in touch in 2weeks .
Was surprised I was not charged for it

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
Update: Holden have rejected my out of warranty and good will claim , stating that the vehicle is out of warranty.
Holden claim they have complied with consumer guarantee regarding the durability of the component and would now be considered wear and tear and maintenance ,,, well you can only try !

Paulymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline 17
And they said it also came down to the age and mileage of the vehicle …,