Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The later Ford engines are reliable it's everything else that's not, when it comes to Ford. Like Malcolm at Perkins Auto Repairs used to say "Ford's will always have problems".

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
Oh doesn't have to be a commodore?

Honda Accord Euro or an aurion.
I have actually yeah. I've saved a couple of Honda Accords, a Honda Accord Euro and a couple Aurions. My only concern with the Aurion was because my parents own a 2006 Camry Ateva, and that's had quite a few issues, quite early on. May I ask if Aurions follow the same engine process as the Camry, or are they seperate?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just buy a Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth. Commodores had junk audio regardless of the year.

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
The effected chains generally don't snap, they just stretch, but replacing them is $1.5k-$3k depending on the mechanic's willingness to do the job (which is usually low because it's a PITA).
So does that mean a stretched chain won't seize the engine may I ask?
Still even $1,500 is a pretty hefty bill to pay

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
The later Ford engines are reliable it's everything else that's not, when it comes to Ford. Like Malcolm at Perkins Auto Repairs used to say "Ford's will always have problems".
Oh ok, so even with a 2011 XR6 with 219k on the odometer, would there be problems quite soon or has it got a bit of time?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The engines seize from lack of maintenance, quality oil and poor PCV design, which in turn creates sludge that when bad jamb the timing gear.

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
Just buy a Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth. Commodores had junk audio regardless of the year.
Oh ok, thanks for that, I wasn't aware that you could do that and they would come with an AUX outlet. Do you know how much I can expect to pay for a Pioneer head unit?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh ok, so even with a 2011 XR6 with 219k on the odometer, would there be problems quite soon or has it got a bit of time?
Ask a garage. My opinion will be biased as I paid $14k for my old Ford and sold it just a few years later for $500, just to get it out of my site, it was a lemon, to put it politely.

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
The engines seize from lack of maintenance, quality oil and poor PCV design, which in turn creates sludge that when bad jamb the timing gear.
That'll be okay then, as I would make sure my car is serviced regularly, and my local mechanic offers free oil refills and cleaning anyway. I don't suppose you know how often Commodores need to be serviced do you?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh ok, thanks for that, I wasn't aware that you could do that and they would come with an AUX outlet. Do you know how much I can expect to pay for a Pioneer head unit?
Go to Autobarn and ask them. They will be as cheap as anywhere as they tend to offer the best prices on audio I have found.