Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
Ask a garage. My opinion will be biased as I paid $14k for my old Ford and sold it just a few years later for $500, just to get it out of my site, it was a lemon, to put it politely.
That doesn't sound very good that yours only lasted a few years. May I ask what the problem was that wrecked it?

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
Go to Autobarn and ask them. They will be as cheap as anywhere as they tend to offer the best prices on audio I have found.
Okay thank you, I'll check out there website and see what they say. I'm happy to support Autobarn anyway as I have a hatred for Supercheap and refuse to buy anything through them lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Junk grey top engine. Scrubbed out tyres every year, wore out rotors in no time, central locking that meant replacing every actuator, CELs, this list goes on.

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
Junk grey top engine. Scrubbed out tyres every year, wore out rotors in no time, central locking that meant replacing every actuator, CELs, this list goes on.
That's ridiculous, no wonder you were in a hurry to get rid of it, sounds like a complete lemon!

H

harrop.senator

I have actually yeah. I've saved a couple of Honda Accords, a Honda Accord Euro and a couple Aurions. My only concern with the Aurion was because my parents own a 2006 Camry Ateva, and that's had quite a few issues, quite early on. May I ask if Aurions follow the same engine process as the Camry, or are they seperate?

What problems did the Camry have? That's very unusual they'll usually take you to hell n back with the air con on.

When the Aurion was out it was the six cylinder sports version. I think camrys were only the 4 cylinder while they had both. Now they're just camrys again.

The 3.5 is a really good motor in the Aurion and V6 camrys. But then again usually the four is too. A camrys a lot more reliable then a falcon or commodore.

I love the falcon motos n boxes but mine fell apart everywhere around it. I'm not brand biased I've had no luck with any car I've owned and it's why I got so good at fixing them.

But everything I've personally owned with a blue badge has made me not buy another one. Absolutely love them when everything is right but my last one was newest lowest km car I'd ever owned and it spent so much time on jack stands it wasn't funny

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
What problems did the Camry have? That's very unusual they'll usually take you to hell n back with the air con on.

When the Aurion was out it was the six cylinder sports version. I think camrys were only the 4 cylinder while they had both. Now they're just camrys again.

The 3.5 is a really good motor in the Aurion and V6 camrys. But then again usually the four is too. A camrys a lot more reliable then a falcon or commodore.

I love the falcon motos n boxes but mine fell apart everywhere around it. I'm not brand biased I've had no luck with any car I've owned and it's why I got so good at fixing them.

But everything I've personally owned with a blue badge has made me not buy another one. Absolutely love them when everything is right but my last one was newest lowest km car I'd ever owned and it spent so much time on jack stands it wasn't funny
So when the car was I think 7 or 8 years old, the fuel pump failed, which cost us I think about a thousand dollars, and then four or five months later the new fuel pump failed again which cost us another thousand. This year the we realised the wheel alignment was off, and had actually wrecked all the tires. The suspension is also damaged in the car. I will admit though, aside from the fuel pump problems, the wheel alignment did happen with the car was 15 years old, so I'm not too fussed. It does take quite a while to start now though, which I have put down to the battery potentially.
I am glad to hear though that the Aurion has different motors in them, which sparks more confidence in the model for me. I do have a few Toyotas saved on Carsales, would you recommend the Corolla sedan 2011 model?

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
This one ??? 2010 Holden Commodore Omega VE Auto MY10 (carsales.com.au)

My 2c worth, but not knowing anything about the particular car .......... lowest kilometres > should not have any timing chain problems as this is well after the series with problems (if it has been serviced regularly ) > Omega not 'sporty' version, which could be beneficial for your insurance costs > seems clean all round, which could mean it has been looked after.

Edit .... That International looks good also.
Sorry I hadn't seen your comment there.
I did like that Holden Commodore, I had saved in on Carsales. I'm not too concerned if it isn't too 'sporty' as I'm having a wild time in my current car, which is my parents 2006 Camry lol.
I did also like the International. The car that I buy will likely be modified so I'll probably fix up anything a bit dodgy anyway

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think a 2015 Outlander is a pretty decent bus. We bought one in 2016 with 19k on the clock. Now nearing 115k and only repairs have been tyres and funnily enough two sets of rear pads and now due for a third set, yet the fronts are yet to be changed.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
One of the reasons why I didn't want an older Commodore was (and I know it seems weird) because they don't have an AUX outlet so I can plug my phone in. Is this something that can be changed though so that you can? i.e. buying a new stereo?
you can put in any latest tech in to any car even double din in a vs i have seen on the vr/vs owners facebook page and somebody on here installed the new kenwood with big 10.5 screen in to a vy

Josh Eames

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 Toyota Camry Ateva
I think a 2015 Outlander is a pretty decent bus. We bought one in 2016 with 19k on the clock. Now nearing 115k and only repairs have been tyres and funnily enough two sets of rear pads and now due for a third set, yet the fronts are yet to be changed.
I do like the Outlander actually. I don't suppose you know what sort of price tag they come with do you?