Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VF2 SSV Redline Sedan

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
Plus i have wheels coming for it so pending how they sit with 20" at that height may readjust

Joshyy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 ssv
figured it out here is some
20170527_133119 oo.jpg
20170527_133031 o.jpg

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
I came across a few websites that claim FE3's are not good for lowering with aftermarket springs as they are a load levelling shock, unlike the Fe2's. This means they will potentially try to raise the rear back to the standard height. Anyone aware of this or is it a non issue?

As far as I can tell the OP was the only person with a VFII redline that was looking to lower whilst keeping the original FE3 shocks. I would love to know how this went for him.

Last edited:

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
I came across a few websites that claim FE3's are not good for lowering with aftermarket springs as they are a load levelling shock, unlike the Fe2's. This means they will potentially try to raise the rear back to the standard height. Anyone aware of this or is it a non issue?

As far as I can tell the OP was the only person with a VFII redline that was looking to lower whilst keeping the original FE3 shocks. I would love to know how this went for him.

Rubbish. Load sensitive maybe.
Geez Paullie, you keep finding new ways to talk yourself out of loweing it :D:D

lucas c

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfss s1 2013
hey guys dont no if yas brought it up already but anyone kno the stock height for a vf ss series 1 2013 and would it be same as ssv

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
Rubbish. Load sensitive maybe.
Geez Paullie, you keep finding new ways to talk yourself out of loweing it :D:D
Hahah nah it has to happen now. Springs have been ordered but freaked out when i read the comments on the Pontiac G8 forum.

Last edited:

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
Hi Guys - I'm really wanting to lower my SSVR but just want to hear any feedback from anyone here that does any towing and what issues I may run into? Towing my caged boxed trailer is no problem but towing the boat could be, any experiences from anyone here with towing once you have lowered the car i.e. tyre rubbing etc? I notice now when the boat is hitched and the boot is full the rear really drops which also makes the front look high in the sky. Cheers, JAK.