Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Guide to Power Stage I

HRT 666

Cammed 8t-body stroker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubby S2 M6
A good thread, it gives people an idea of what to expect for their power level (stage of tune).

Myself i have done timing chain, cam, h/d pushrods, 918 springs, c/molly retainers, underdrive pully, over the rad cai, MSD coils,custom tune. getting 288 rwkws with only the cat back done at this stage. Im looking at some tri-y extractors (to help with low and mid power) hi flow cats to go with the x pipe and 2.5 twin thats already on the car. Needs a textralia clutch also, the stocker is playing up and its only been a week. so with the exhaust and clutch it should see 300rwkws:thumbsup: and the car feels so much nicer to drive.

Last edited:

VU SS50

Reaction score
Members Ride
black VU SS 50
how much $$ to supply and fit 3.9's ?? thx

DanoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I paid $1100 for 3.9s in my vy ss that was supplied and fitted as well.
Not sure if thats the general price for them though

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
$1250
1 Diff Ratio 3.9 upgrade
1 Bearing Pinion spacer
1 bearing pinion diff
1 speedo calibration

Waghoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 5.7 A4 WGN
Dezza where u get your diff gears done, ive been quoted 1200 - 1300 with no speedo calibration, some D@#kheads even said 1700, i could get a brand new HSV diff for that.

wassa78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore ss
hi guys so far i have done tri y pacemakers hi flow stainless cats dual2.5 mandrel bent exhaust. Um growler induction kit and a ported polished throttle body. Just wondering what you guys suggest next. was thinking of saving up to get heads ported and cams ?

CAM05L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5.0/vy sv8/r31 rb20
get some gears man, 3.7 auto,3.9s or 4,1s for manual, makes huge difference. could leave standard gears and go for a real torque monster cam, not many have tried though, you would still see good results.

ooooh just noticed maybe you havent had a mafless tune yet? deffinately give that a go first, plenty of power to be made there (upwards of 30kw atw in some cases)

Apeman69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II Commodore
Hi all, can some one please tell me where i can find/look for a good mafless tune/mod in Sydney area?