Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust has 3 variations, which to buy?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Mine turned up in 2-3 weeks which was fine, and i just installed it last night, and all i can say is its a Awesome fitting exhaust, and the sound is just what i wanted, very deep V8 Rumble and quite on cruising No Drone, Highly recommended.Also mine is the medium/loud system with front hotdogs.

Cheers
Brett

What size? 2.5 or 3?

Did you go mild steel, or stainless?

Auto?

BRuteVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF s2 6.2 SS ute
3'' Catback system from NAAF / Manta

What size? 2.5 or 3?

Did you go mild steel, or stainless?

Auto?

Mine is an Auto, 3'' catback Aluminised Steel, as i couldn't justify more coin
for stainless, and its 1.6mm thick pipe very solid.
Cheers
Brett.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice!

Good that you don't have drone, considering 3 inch pipe, no front muffler and auto!

Do you have headers/ tune?

BRuteVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF s2 6.2 SS ute
3'' Catback system from NAAF / Manta

Nice!

Good that you don't have drone, considering 3 inch pipe, no front muffler and auto!

Do you have headers/ tune?

Daves8 its got front muffler and hotdogs, i think if you went just hotdogs up front
for me it would be to loud, as it is now i just love it, No tune yet, standard exhaust manifolds,
but its got enough go for me, so might just leave it as is now.

Brett

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daves8 its got front muffler and hotdogs, i think if you went just hotdogs up front
for me it would be to loud, as it is now i just love it, No tune yet, standard exhaust manifolds,
but its got enough go for me, so might just leave it as is now.

Brett

Sorry, I thought you went with the hotdogs only up front. If you have the front muffler and hotdog, it's their quiet version. Given you have 3 inch and no drone, it makes sense.

I though about twin 3, but opted for 2.5 as I have limited ground clearance, and was being cautious about drone, but you seem to have a great result!

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
I just wanted to offer a different perspective in regards to my dealings with Not_An_Abba_Fan (Bjorn - Southwest Performance Exhaust) for anyone else that may stumble across this thread as I did whilst researching my recent exhaust purchase. This thread popped up whilst using the search function.

For a start, Not_An_Abba_Fan has been on this forum a long time now as have I and in that time I have only ever seen him offer good advice and in my view is a decent contributor to the forum.

I recently contacted Bjorn regarding an Exhaust system for my SS Wagon. Bjorn was very prompt with his replies. I questioned and doubted his professional opinion and knowledge on many occasions but he remained patient with me to alleviate all of my concerns by offering explanations that made sense. His communication was prompt usually replying within the hour.

I was particularly concerned about the quality of sound and droning especially since mine is a wagon.

Based solely on his recommendation, I took a leap of faith and decided to purchase a set of Ceramic coated Hurricane 1 7/8" 4-1 Headers, 100 cell cats and a dual 3" Manta cat back in mild steel. I went with the Quiet System which has front muffler --> Hotdogs --> Rear Mufflers.

1. Price couldn't be beaten by anyone.

2. I had no way of transporting the system to the workshop. I asked the workshop if I could have it sent directly to the shop to which they agreed to but stated that they wanted it delivered no earlier than 1 day before the scheduled fitting. Bjorn ensured me that this wouldn't be a problem. I received a tracking number the day I paid with an ETA as promised. System showed up a 12:00pm the day before as promised! Was sen out on the 7th of September and arrived on the 14th of September. Not bad for coming all the way across the country!

3. It came all the way from WA-VIC. It was very well packed and not a single mark on it.

4. The workshop (GM Motorsport) almost seem surprised with how well this exhaust fit. Nil issues with fitment what so ever

5. The exhaust sounds incredible! In top gear when cruising there is ZERO drone that I can detect. When cruising and driving it sedately, it's only marginally louder than stock! (Note: car is manual). Put your foot down, different story...it's loud but not annoying loud. Idles very nicely.

6. Car was fitted with an OTR RAMJET together with a tune and it made 272.7RWKW which GM Motorsport tells me is in the higher end for an L77.

All in all, I am very happy with the service provided by NAAF and I am very happy with the product. I've shown it to two of my friends who both have the same car. Both of these friends have been too hesitant to make a decision on what exhaust to buy. After hearing mine, they love it and have decided to purchase the same one.

As I said, I thought this review might be useful for someone else considering a Manta exhaust that can offer something positive. People never take the time to offer a positive review but will always complain when something goes wrong which is something I face in my line of work on a daily basis so I felt the need to share.

AllanT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SSV Gen3
I know this is old thread.
but on the Manta front muffler and hot dog mid section. "The quite" does any one know if it has a chamber in the middle.
In other words the 2 pipes on the in side dump into a centre chamber. and the out pipes are across on another side of the chamber.

Curious as the factory front muffler on 6.2 has a sloted tube runing right through. A chamber it is but the flow is directed through with less restriction.

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Afaik all ve/f v8 factory centre sections are straight through,my s1 ssv wagon had a straight through muffler/hotdog centre section.

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think they are straight through.

FYI I have a manta 2.5 inch system in quiet with upgraded angled stainless 3.5 inch tips if interested for $500.

Darren Jochinke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Clubsport
Manta actually do a few different configurations you can mix and match.
Front section with 2 hotdogs only
Front section with 4 hotdogs only
Front section with muffler and 2 hotdogs
Rear mufflers
Rear pipes

The best non droning system for the autos is the front muffler/hotdogs and rear mufflers. They don't do the front section with pipe only unless you specifically order it.

The rear mufflers are made to suit the HSV rear bumper. When ordering a system for the HSV, you specify HSV and they are the mufflers you get.