Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manta exhaust has 3 variations, which to buy?

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
Chargin , I have a mild steel exhaust system which has been on my car for more than three years, it's still like new.

VESSVBLACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Series 1
Mine has no drone at all speeds. It's actually not over loud barely hear it inside the cabin , taking off and going up thru the gears it's definitely sounds like a v8 should. I'm running just the hotdogs in centre and rear mufflers. I'm thinking of cutting out the hotdogs for straight pipes. I'm glad I didn't get the muffler in the middle as would be too quiet I think

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I ordered my system from southwest exhaust, yes its cheaper but have been stuffed around
and wont answer calls only msgs and takes ages to respond.
1st ive dealt with them, originally I paid on the 2nd ,paypal clears over the weekend.
Address was in paypal details,hear nothing so send a msg Tuesday, replys and says didn't know my address
didn't even check that he received payment after he was told I paid.
Could have asked me ffs what address too, took all of 5 seconds.
Told him I wanted it sent asap and was told would show up wed (today) at the latest ,well no show
and tracking number shows it was sent yesterday the 15th so its still in perth.
To say I'm pist off is and understatement it should have been delivered by now and
now ill have to do the install and tune right before xmas if it turns up before then.
Maybe if your looking at buying this system go direct through manta even though you pay more
or go diflippo its not worth the hassle imo.
Just hope my system turns up before xmas ,its really stuffed my plans though.
Also found their abn is cancelled Southwest Performance Exhaust Supplies ABN 28047496838 | ABN Check
So not impressed just lucky I used paypal and not cash or id be up **** creek.
I know some people have used him no problem apparently.
I did do some research before buying but no excuse for shitty service and not answering calls
and the super slow service.
Not worth the savings imho.

I'm surprised about the abn.
Supposed to be a legit shop or so I thought.
Its been 2 weeks so bit longer than 2 days extra.
Its ####s up my plans and now have to find the time to install the system
and vcm otr and then tune it before xmas.
Eta says 21st on the tracking which is Monday so got every right not be happy.
By the time I get it its almost a 3 week wait not acceptable imo.
What pissed me off more was the poor communication and tried numerous times
to call the number even left a message and nothing.
Msg on fb few hours later get a reply not good.

Lucky I turning my afm off.
Got a hold of him finally, just been a **** fight with delays and
issues with getting it sent.
I'm over it.
Arrives on the 22nd that's the eta anyway.

My local shops sell xforce.hurricane redline or pacemaker that's about it,
Price was good 3 week wait not so much.
Finally turned up 22/12/2015 just before 5pm.
Got stuck into it today and its all installed.
Quite happy with how it sounds,will turn the afm off and cat cel although no code yet.
Def sucks with afm active,sounds a little off when afm kicks in.
Still got an otr to fit(mafless and tune it with hp tuners.

I got muffler,hotdogs and rear mufflers,twin 3" cats and hurricane 1-7/8 4 into ones.
Sounds good.nice deep note and everyone that heard it loved the sound of it.
Note is great taking off esp at wot!
Car goes well but I can tell it needs a tune.
Id say most people would be happy with this system.
Exhaust tips look close to the stock ones too so looks good and not out of place.

So you have had the system fitted for a while now. Have you had it retuned. AFM turned off?

Did you ever get a reply from the exhaust shop?

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I was talking to this guy almost every day. I am on my own and can't always answer the phone straight away, but I did call him back the next morning and I was messaging him constantly. His delay was due to a train derailment, which he knew. The warehouse told me it left 3 days before it actually did. He had the tracking number, he had spoken to the warehouse directly and they confirmed the delays were out of my control. He paid by Paypal, which cost me almost $80, I wore that. Even after speaking to me and Manta and having the tracking number and knowing the delivery date, he still put in a paypal dispute 2 days before the parts arrived. He wanted his exhaust by a certain date, when he enquired about it, it was all in stock, then it was a week before he placed his order and the warehouse was out of stock on one part, which should have turned up within the same week. The train carrying their stock from manufacturing to the warehouse derailed, delaying it further. His order being placed just before a weekend, then the train derailment, with weekends taken out of the equation it was about 12 or 13 days from order date to arrival.

Apart from the delay in the shipping, which he knew about, he was happy with everything else. He was happy with the price, he was happy with the fitment, he was happy with the sound, everything I guarantee personally because Manta are a top quality system, I'd appreciate the negative comments in the above posts were removed as they aren't really relevant with him blaming me when it was not my fault.

Normally I wouldn't respond to things like this, but in this case I think this guy was being a bit unreasonable.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Manta are a top quality system

I have a Manta system on my Tonner and reckon they are a bloody good system
Twin 2 1/2 inch stainless steel system with twin hotdogs and a single rear muffler
It sounded good as just the catback, but after fitting my new 1 3/4 pacemaker 4 into 1's on the weekend it now sounds f@#king awesome. The 4 into 1's have definitely helped with the quality of the exhaust note. Actually sounds like a V8 now when you put your foot down
Can't wait to throw my cam in her now

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
I was talking to this guy almost every day. I am on my own and can't always answer the phone straight away, but I did call him back the next morning and I was messaging him constantly. His delay was due to a train derailment, which he knew. The warehouse told me it left 3 days before it actually did. He had the tracking number, he had spoken to the warehouse directly and they confirmed the delays were out of my control. He paid by Paypal, which cost me almost $80, I wore that. Even after speaking to me and Manta and having the tracking number and knowing the delivery date, he still put in a paypal dispute 2 days before the parts arrived. He wanted his exhaust by a certain date, when he enquired about it, it was all in stock, then it was a week before he placed his order and the warehouse was out of stock on one part, which should have turned up within the same week. The train carrying their stock from manufacturing to the warehouse derailed, delaying it further. His order being placed just before a weekend, then the train derailment, with weekends taken out of the equation it was about 12 or 13 days from order date to arrival.

Apart from the delay in the shipping, which he knew about, he was happy with everything else. He was happy with the price, he was happy with the fitment, he was happy with the sound, everything I guarantee personally because Manta are a top quality system, I'd appreciate the negative comments in the above posts were removed as they aren't really relevant with him blaming me when it was not my fault.

Normally I wouldn't respond to things like this, but in this case I think this guy was being a bit unreasonable.
Wasn't being unreasonable
You agreed to using paypal so it is what it is. ,you delayed sending it out.
I was fine about the derailment issue which I found out by messaging you.
The fact was you that took too long to get your **** together on your end.
3 weeks is too long imo.
You did not contact me on a daily basis I contacted you only after a few days to see where it was and if it left
as I heard nothing and prob wouldn't have.
I also never contacted the wharehouse I simply messaged manta on fb for delivery time which was 5 days.
If I recall I paid Thursday night and you still hadn't done anything by Tuesday so whats your excuse there?
I had to msg and call which you answered once out of many attempts.
So don't bullshit me and others like you have I also received messages from
other people you have screwed around.
Like I have said I was completely happy with the purchase but the service I got
was very poor I wouldn't say it if it weren't true.
I also said if you cant deliver in x amount of time id go elsewhere and you assured me the
the folling wed at the latest well it never showed.
Apparently that was the day it left and showed up just before xmas.
If you don't want issues answer your bloody phone and communicate with your customers
that way you wont have issues I would hope.
Lost me as a customer and had it gone right prob would have got my customers to buy systems
but ill be telling them to go direct.

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
So you have had the system fitted for a while now. Have you had it retuned. AFM turned off?

Did you ever get a reply from the exhaust shop?
Ive tuned it myself with hp tuners ,afm turned off and mafless tuned.
Still yet to go on the dyno but it drives nice and sounds great so
very happy with the manta system and recommend it just go direct
to save any hassles might be more $$$ but trust me its not worth the headache.
Also makes me wonder how you can do better than manta's own pricing?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wasn't being unreasonable
You agreed to using paypal so it is what it is. ,you delayed sending it out.
I was fine about the derailment issue which I found out by messaging you.
The fact was you that took too long to get your **** together on your end.
3 weeks is too long imo.
You did not contact me on a daily basis I contacted you only after a few days to see where it was and if it left
as I heard nothing and prob wouldn't have.
I also never contacted the wharehouse I simply messaged manta on fb for delivery time which was 5 days.
If I recall I paid Thursday night and you still hadn't done anything by Tuesday so whats your excuse there? I told you it takes 3 days to transfer the money out of Paypal and into my account, you were fine with that.
I had to msg and call which you answered once out of many attempts.
So don't bullshit me and others like you have I also received messages from
other people you have screwed around. Other people that I have "screwed around" has been out of my control every time. I can't control stock levels at the Manta warehouse. I can't control the time it takes from manufacturing to make the parts and get them to the Perth warehouse. Actually, one person, Grennan, had a delay through an oversight on my part while I was in Bali. His was a mistake, but he was also made aware of the issue and it was resolved. Didn't stop him complaining even though he knew the reason.
Like I have said I was completely happy with the purchase but the service I got
was very poor I wouldn't say it if it weren't true. In your opinion. Sometimes a longer wait for parts is a trade off on the $500 - $1000 you save.
I also said if you cant deliver in x amount of time id go elsewhere and you assured me the
the folling wed at the latest well it never showed. Manta told me it had already left, you then checked up on it and found it didn't. I can only relay what they tell me.
Apparently that was the day it left and showed up just before xmas. It was supposed to leave on the 10th (Thursday), that is what Manta told me. It didn't leave until the 15th (the following Tuesday) I believe, weekends add time that no one has any control over, as I said, from order date to deliver was 12 or 13 days. With stock having to be made, a train derailment, and a 5 day shipping time from Perth to you, I think that time frame wasn't all that bad.
If you don't want issues answer your bloody phone and communicate with your customers Like I said above, I'm on my own and can't answer my phone every time it rings. I message when I can and ring back as soon as I can. I'm not online every day, and I'm out of phone range sometimes.
that way you wont have issues I would hope.
Lost me as a customer and had it gone right prob would have got my customers to buy systems
but ill be telling them to go direct.

It sounds like you're in business then, so you have never had delays and parts on back order? In the 10 years I have been in business, I can only count less than 5 unhappy customers, all due to shipping delays beyond my control.

I didn't force you to order from me, I offered an opportunity and you took it, unexpected events delayed your delivery by less than a week in the end. The extra 3 or 4 days you were aware of. Yes, I do think you were being unreasonable in the fact that you put in a Paypal dispute claiming undelivered goods knowing full well when your parts were arriving as you had the tracking details. You put in a dispute on Friday knowing the tracking website said delivery the following Monday.

All I can do is apologise, and if you were to ever order again, check with Manta first and save money by placing the order with me. That way you will know exactly what I know. Even if you had have placed the order with Manta direct, it would have cost you more, and the same delays would have occurred. (Except maybe the Paypal issue).

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Also makes me wonder how you can do better than manta's own pricing?

Manta have a pricing structure for different levels of customers, I've been dealing with them for 25 years so I am on a good price, I pass that on to my customers. I don't make much at all. I have no overheads so I don't need to make a lot. I do it more to look after the motoring public than as a money making business.

To tell everyone the truth and to be as transparent as possible, my net profit on my internet sales is around $10 000 a year. I turn over roughly $60 - $70K. So I make very little from each sale. I can make my pricing the same as everyone else, but then you guys don't really benefit. Keeps my beer fridge full and everyone happy....well, mostly....