Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

- My VZ Clubby 6L M6 -

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Looks very Nice mate. Clubbys look great in silver. If I couldn't get blue or yellow I wanted silver haha.
Cheers mate! Yeah I love silver. Personal favorite haha

What are peoples thoughts on putting VZ Calais Tail lights in??

vzcalaistaillights2.jpg

calaistaillights.gif

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yup, calais are a win :p

Keen for times/ripshifter review

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Awesome car for a 19 yo mate, well done

Please throw them calais lights in!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

millsyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Definitely get Calais tail lights!!
Nice clubby btw :)

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
A year older then me and a clubby owner lol. Jelly, looks nice mate.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
2 yrs younger than me and has a clubby. Poor effort on my part.

Clubby-Made4Viol3nce

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport 6L (M6)
Shifter didn't get here before I put it on the track but oh well. I've never raced a manual on the 1/4 mile before so it was super super different. I had no idea how i was going to launch it. 1st run i ended up just holding it about 3 grand then stepping off the clutch and ended up holding it flat and pretty much instantly hit limiter and going side ways all 1st and 2nd down the track.. So the next run I tried riding the clutch and squeezing it on but ended up just like droppeding revs and crawled forward and then pinned it. Felt sooo horrible haha. Tried a few things but ended up getting a feel for holding it about 2500/3k rpm and stepping sorta stepping off but not holding it flat and just squeezing it on. Need way more practice.. 4 Months til i get my opens and can drive it as my daily. Keen as.
Times for the night:
1st run - 15.9 - AS the like 2nd yellow light lit up the fella runs over and waves me not to go.. I ended up completely losing focus and limiter bashed 1st and went all stupid sideways.. :(. Still have no idea why he wanted me to stop but i went anyway :S woops.
2nd Run - 14.9 - Launch was terrible and my windscreen fogged up about half way down the track couldn't see **** haha.
3rd Run - 14.7 - Worse launch then before i thought but somehow got a better time :S Stuffs me..
4th run - 14.2 - Realising that technique wasn't working too good for me i tried going back to higher revs and just squeezing it on. Seems to of worked for me but still bulk wheel spin all of 1st gear.
Last run - NA - Started pissing down rain AS I got on the Skid pad to warm up the tyres.. Was soo keen to do 1 more run and break the 13s.
So in conclusion I need to practice a shitton more.. haha. Extremely different to my Auto Commy with a 3 grand Hi-Stall to launch :p. I'm happy with low 14's which was actually my goal for the night because it being my first time in it. Just when I got 14.7 with the launch I did i felt like i could get 13's sooo easy if i just knew how to launch better. Ah well 14.2 aint so bad for a stock clubby with a durp driving haha.

Heres a Video of the 14.2 run. best launch I did of the night but still needs BULK work of course. considering vz clubbys do 13's factory apparently.

Last edited by a moderator: