Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help with radio mod to swap fan and a new radio I'll get

themazda123

Reaction score
Members Ride
acclaim v6
So I picked up a vy acclaim for cheap and it runs well but I'm going to get a new radio soon. I want to swap the fan controls and the radio so the radio is on top and the fan on the bottom

jizzle161

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim 3.8L 200
I am working on the same modification! From what i can gather it will be possible to move the climate control dials to the bottom where the old stereo used to sit and from there you can jerry rig a bigger screen slightly higher than what it would beeen previously using a standard fascia to fit where the old stereo used to be. have you started the mod at all?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I am working on the same modification! From what i can gather it will be possible to move the climate control dials to the bottom where the old stereo used to sit and from there you can jerry rig a bigger screen slightly higher than what it would beeen previously using a standard fascia to fit where the old stereo used to be. have you started the mod at all?
Only way you can do this mod is if you have climate control.

The standard a/c has a long rod through it. Forget what it controls.

The climate control is all electric. So, just need to extend the power to control module.

No l haven't done it to a vy.

I've done it to a vt.
1697596023775.jpeg