Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new ssv redline sedans and motorsports

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
I think most ppl here saying that there MSE is 10 times better then a Redline are just trying to justify spending 80k for a commodore with stickers and MRC with Ventilated brake disks. Your dreaming if you think the MSE has more power then the SS or SS Redline too. I got a standard SS put some 20 inch wheels on it. Walky Springs Walky W407 and Police spec brakes i believe my car is perfect.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I think most ppl here saying that there MSE is 10 times better then a Redline are just trying to justify spending 80k for a commodore with stickers and MRC with Ventilated brake disks. Your dreaming if you think the MSE has more power then the SS or SS Redline too. I got a standard SS put some 20 inch wheels on it. Walky Springs Walky W407 and Police spec brakes i believe my car is perfect.
It's not 10 X better. But it's markedly better. I don't think too many have paid $80k either. As I posted earlier, I paid $5,300 more than a Redline would have cost me. A bargain for the car which is better than the Chevy SS, which BTW has been lauded as the benchmark 4 door performance sedan of all time.
Enjoy your moded SS. It's a nice car. But, don't kid yourself that it's as good as an MSE or Director. That's like saying a modded SS or SL/R Torana is as good or better than an an A9X or L34. It's just naive and dumb TBH.

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
As long as people are happy with their purchases...., then so are we.

It's not about better or worse but happiness and enjoyment!

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
If I was in the market for a new v8 I wouldn't get either the Redline or Motorsport. Motorsport is roughly $70k so with that sort of coin you could get a new SV black edition maybe cheaper with all the HSV parts, and body kit. Only the seats are lacking in the SV black edition and MRC I think.
My preference would be a used LSA R8 Clubsport if I wanted to spend $70k...

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If I was in the market for a new v8 I wouldn't get either the Redline or Motorsport. Motorsport is roughly $70k so with that sort of coin you could get a new SV black edition maybe cheaper with all the HSV parts, and body kit. Only the seats are lacking in the SV black edition and MRC I think.
My preference would be a used LSA R8 Clubsport if I wanted to spend $70k...

If you wanted a car that you were just going to modify anyway, then a plain SS would be the way to go. Then use the money you save on creating a car that will outdrive a special edition/HSV/whatever both in performance and handling.

SSVREDLINE2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
True. I'm still driving a s1 vf redline and happy with it especially with the 340 modification. ☺

If you wanted a car that you were just going to modify anyway, then a plain SS would be the way to go. Then use the money you save on creating a car that will outdrive a special edition/HSV/whatever both in performance and handling.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Try Google. Brakes, rear suspension bushing, remote engine oil cooler, remote tranny cooler...and more.
Good luck racing a stock SS with 580kw around a track. I'd give it about half a lap. If that.

It's funny how you pinpointed the Tekno 580kw kit and dismissed that it would only make half a lap around a racetrack, if that. You didn't mention anything about the Walkinshaw 547kw kit and its performance. Both kits not only have the relevant engine performance/enhancements but have replacement brakes/shocks/tyres to handle the increased power. Google it.

Both kits should be able to race around a track and do more than half a lap - maybe 1.639 laps. This is just my opinion and I am happy with my stock Redline, just as you are happy with your MSE. The upgraded SS would be a fun project for me, but I have the cash/garage/wife restrictions for this project. Just curious - do you drive your MSE everyday? On Sundays only? Race around a track maybe?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I've read their specs.
Haven't driven my MSE. It arrives mid August. They're still finalising the stick on crayon art.