Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ordered my ZB on Friday night....

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
There's speculation on Car advice comments (by Portlad) that the V6 is likely to get the chop as it makes up only 8% of ZB sales. Also some other models or variants to get the chop as Holden are looking at simplifying the range.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If that speculation was accurate, it would be an awful indictment on the future of a car that's only been on sale for 7 months. I doubt the company would make decisions of that magnitude this early in the car's life. I think its more likely that any model deletions or revisions would occur with the first model update in about 18 months.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If that speculation was accurate, it would be an awful indictment on the future of a car that's only been on sale for 7 months. I doubt the company would make decisions of that magnitude this early in the car's life. I think its more likely that any model deletions or revisions would occur with the first model update in about 18 months.

And Holden have made smart decisions about the direction of the "Commodore" since announcing the end of manufacturing in Aussie?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And Holden have made smart decisions about the direction of the "Commodore" since announcing the end of manufacturing in Aussie?

How much say in the decision making process has Holden really had ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Must of had some say as they seemed to have pushed for the inclusion of the V6 for the Aussie market to give it some semblance of a real Commodore.

It's all immarterial now anyways, the writing is on the wall for the "new" Commodore me thinks.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
There was a Holden parked outside work today. From the front I couldn't tell if it was a Commodore or one of their similar models. Because the lady was dropping off donations I didn't want to look like a stalker and get a look at the back so I could confirm what model it really was.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS

It seems the 2.0T petrol accounts for 78% of sales so I would guess a simplified range with 2.0T is likely and discussed on Car Advice comments. is the diesel may become order only. All speculation right now.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My work colleague who sits next to me just traded in his VF SV6 for a V6 ZB RS-V.

He loved his SV6 but says the ZB is a better car in every aspect - drive, power, handling, tech, extra storage space under the lift back - he loves it.

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
Must of had some say as they seemed to have pushed for the inclusion of the V6 for the Aussie market to give it some semblance of a real Commodore.

Nah... Buick in the US/CA had already pushed for a sporty V6 or V8 version when the Insignia2 was touted as replacing their previous mid-class sedan. That Holden opened their mouth and said anything only confirmed that the V6 would happen. Aussies love taking the credit for stuff and while I am sure they were at the meeting, they were likely a 'second' rather than the person who was pushing the motion. The US/CA market in a month has been selling what the Holden Aussie/NZ market does in a year.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
The below is from a post to an ex-Holden employees group on facebook last Saturday:
"Putting on my flame proof suit..... I have a confession to make..... I drove a ZB today, and I liked it...

We (HVO) built a terrific car, and for the last 6 or 7 months of manufacturing, were the #1 plant in GM for Right First Time, however, the ZB is a big leap above the VF from a refinement and technology (AEB, lane keep assist, DAB, AWD, Android Auto/Apple Carplay, etc) point of view (as it should be given it's a new model).

Now I agree with many, that the Commodore name should have been retired with VF, and let the ZB be an Insignia (or whatever), however, I'm still seriously considering a ZB - just a matter of whether it's a Calais V or a VXR!

Ready to be flamed now!"

I ended up ordering a ZB Calais V on Friday night, to replace my VF Calais V V6. For me the extra technology makes the upgrade worthwhile. I should be collecting the car on Wednesday all going well!
How come ya had to order one? There are thousands of the shitboxes laying around unsold