Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Parking new Commodore sv6

opbatra2kn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 MY12
Everyone,

I bought my first brand new car 2012 Holden commodre sv6 last week. I have been really very cautious while driving it on the road.

I understood that, car front is really low, but I also trusted Australian footpath height standards i.e. when I park, My front bumper won't hit the cemented block, but my wheel might. Assuming that, I tried parking today and I end up scratching my front bumper's bottom. although, it's not visible (you will notice it only when you touch the bumper bottom), I don't like the feeling of having scratched bumper.

Is there anything I can do about it? is it common or its just me!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Australian footpath height standards i.e. when I park, My front bumper won't hit the cemented block

no such thing.

low front bars will always scrape, it's a fact of life - just park right away from anything low. Your bar would need to be resprayed to fix the issue if you needed to do so.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Buy the sports armour for the bumper.

opbatra2kn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 MY12
no such thing.

low front bars will always scrape, it's a fact of life - just park right away from anything low. Your bar would need to be resprayed to fix the issue if you needed to do so.

Thanks for the info. How much approximately a re-spray costs, if you are aware of the pricing.

Cheers!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
if you can't see it unless you look underneath, I'd consider leaving it myself until sale time as you can probably guess this may not be the last time this happens - get a couple of quotes for price but I would expect not more than 2-300.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
^^ Agreed. If it's underneath and you can't see it, don't even bother getting it fixed.

It's going to happen again, plus it's plastic anyway, so it's not as if it's going to rust or anything..

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
^^ Agreed. If it's underneath and you can't see it, don't even bother getting it fixed.

It's going to happen again, plus it's plastic anyway, so it's not as if it's going to rust or anything..

is the SV6 plastic?

My Clubsport is fibreglass.