Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help! Unsolved Misfires in Cyl 2, 4 and 6

Chaney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Given that it runs properly after every reset, it might be a computer/sensor/monitoring related problem, especially given that the problem returns like clockwork once the computer leaves its closed loop parameters and starts 'tuning' itself. Rule out all the the common options between the two banks eg Fuel pump, maf etc and that leaves things bank specific things like 02 sensor, cam angle sensors, cam angle actuators, cat converter etc, maybe knock sensors (its has 2, not sure if it uses 1 for each bank, or both for both banks).

I just had a totally different problem where everything would run properly after a reset for an exact amount of time:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...host-dash-computer-fuel-injector-problem.html

My 2 cents anyway hope it helps.

Ando1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve and vr
Hey I have the same problem just wondering what your outcome was thanks

Ando1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve and vr
i did but was hoping I might still get lucky with a reply

fisht99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
I have exactly same problem. I would be very grateful for a remedy

I had the exact same issue with my VE sidi. Both cats are stuffed probably due to E10 fuel.

Spoke to a Holden tech and he said once the cat starts to deteriorate that will cause a misfire. With a misfire the raw fuel will burn the cat out in no time.

Get your cats checked.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I've seen heaps of early VE's in lately with rodent chewed wiring to one bank of injectors/coils. Worth checking for power at coils and injector pulse.

Dean1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey everyone, i have just solved this in my 2010 SV6.... have replaced coils, plugs, chemically cleaned cats, cleaned intake valve carbon, still shutting down passenger bank 246. in the end.... it was my passenger side chain tensioner. so i did a full timing set and it has been smooth sailing ever since! ive also learned through all my hunting that its the same issue for drivers bank 135, however its caused by the PCV valve at the rear of drivers rocker cover blocking with carbon and causing an engine pressure issue. anyway, just wanted to let you know my rectification as it seems some stuck or spending to much chasing! cheers.