Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RAA Inspection outcome

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
a lot of SV6 Black editions were higher cars, so it's hard to find one that was owned privately, i think the car you are looking at was a hire car with avis and had a hard life.

andyvbrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VFII SV6 Black Edition
a lot of SV6 Black editions were higher cars, so it's hard to find one that was owned privately, i think the car you are looking at was a hire car with avis and had a hard life.
I was a lucky one then, my SV6 Black was owned by a little old lady from new who looked after it..... well she didn't just drive it to church on Sundays, unless church was 300 KMs away, she put over 120K on the clock, but she did look after it.
Unfortunate for her she had to sell due to diminished eyesight....
I'm still thankful this little old lady, bought an SV6 Black, with 20 inch Barettas and put car seat covers on the seats and kept it very clean .....
Not so much my dream car, but a very sentimental car for me personally.

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
That why I decided to buy my VF SII now I didn`t want the Sunroof which the V`s have only brings other problems on later want one not worn out looks good has a good service history and still like New inside and out good God would have loved a SS ..
give it 5 Year later down the track a good one will hard to find it`s a great Car and hopefully if I look after it it will look after me
Cheers

Last edited:

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
sounds like there hiding something old damage with poor repairs under spray under car
oil leaks ad some soom Pics so we can have a look at it because the are Cool Cars to have but Paint Fading i would walk away $5000 Grand
best to buy a nice car and in your care it will alway`s be a nice car

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
sounds like there hiding something old damage with poor repairs under spray under car
oil leaks ad some soom Pics so we can have a look at it because the are Cool Cars to have but Paint Fading i would walk away $5000 Grand
best to buy a nice car and in your care it will alway`s be a nice car

Considering the OP has already bought it, it is a bit hard to walk away now

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Looks like they have a plan and wants to spend some money on it Hey

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Well I was going to offer advice, though luckily I properly went through the thread and found out the O.P bought it, despite everybody's advice... I hope you bought it cheap

Congratulations, you're the proud new owner of a neglected SV6 which is probably a repairable write-off (or not) and had a rough life...

The VF section will be busier than ever!

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Well I was going to offer advice, though luckily I properly went through the thread and found out the O.P bought it, despite everybody's advice... I hope you bought it cheap

Congratulations, you're the proud new owner of a neglected SV6 which is probably a repairable write-off (or not) and had a rough life...

The VF section will be busier than ever!
True Commo64 I can not work out people buying crap when if you buy good car you need a RWC other wise your looking into trouble waters machanics involved a paint job and god nows what else like buy a boat a pit of money to pour into and not looking into it and doing your homework but in the end of the day what you pay for is what you get

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
True Commo64 I can not work out people buying crap when if you buy good car you need a RWC other wise your looking into trouble waters machanics involved a paint job and god nows what else like buy a boat a pit of money to pour into and not looking into it and doing your homework but in the end of the day what you pay for is what you get

Problem is, no such thing as a roadworthy upon buying a car.

I bought a VY for $600 2 years back..Needed a LIM gasket and 4 tyres....Had 6 weeks rego left....275,000K

The only money spent since replacing the gasket is usual oil/filter changes and I do need to swap out the instrument cluster...

EDIT...Forgot, had to get the trans serviced too

So did I get what I paid for? A money pit piece of crap?

It's a case of doing your homework before outlaying your hard earned buying a car, no matter the state you live in

Last edited:

Mickcc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2016 Series 2
Problem is, no such thing as a roadworthy upon buying a car.

Not every cheap car is a piece of crap money pit

I bought a VY for $600 2 years back..Needed a LIM gasket and 4 tyres....Had 6 weeks rego left....275,000K

The only money spent since replacing the gasket is usual oil/filter changes and I do need to swap out the instrument cluster...

It's a case of doing your homework before outlaying your hard earned buying a car, no matter the state you live in