Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Re-Programming VT Commodore Key

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
how do you get the case open without breaking it, i always manage to make it looks ugly when i pull them apart lol

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
how do you get the case open without breaking it, i always manage to make it looks ugly when i pull them apart lol
To be honest, you dont. lol

Iv found buying the cheap chinese holden case copies to be of better design, they clip in nicer and can be easily pulled apart. Using a genuine key case just ends up mashing the plastic no matter how careful you are!

sandmanxx7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Ok so i followed your instructions. My new remote now works to start the car but the central locking and boot release buttons on the remote still dont work :( . looks like i still need to pay the key guys :(

sandmanxx7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yes

unlock car with door lock not the remote

insert new key into ignition and turn to ON there will be a pause for a few seconds
turn key to OFF and remove

push lock then unlock on the new remote

Congratulations you've just programed your new key

Remember to Give holden dealership the finger next time you drive past one

didnt work. i have the remote working to start the car from the other step by step insruction but still buttons dont work :(

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Pre VS will need a tech1 and VT and up will need a tech2 to program a new key, if you didn't need one of these then every tom dick and harry would be sealing cars left right and centre.

styly

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Commodore VT Executive Sedan
and if you dont have any keys

Pre VS will need a tech1 and VT and up will need a tech2 to program a new key, if you didn't need one of these then every tom dick and harry would be sealing cars left right and centre.

Hi there it looks like you are the one who knows the best about this subject.

I'd like to ask you if there is any solution once you lost all yoru keys. I have a 1998 Holden Commodore VT Executive Sedan and i lost my last key and now i have no idea of what to do.

I was going to buy a C900 and blank key (got it already) but i'm not sure that the C900 will work with it and anyway i need a key cut but without the original key what can i do ?

Cheers.

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
I typed this a while ago for someone.....same applies to you.... locksmith with the right connections required.

If your only remaining key is no longer working due to flat battery or tampering then you need a new key.

Since your only remaining key is not working the locksmith cannot program a new key from your existing key. Places like mister minute etc will now be useless to you.

You need to find a locksmith who will take your VIN, call a magic number with your VIN and program a new key using a the code they receive. In Australia I've been quoted about $180 for this which is a lot more than $100 for just copying an existing key.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Drivers license and rego papers to Holden an ask for a security print out. It will have all the codes you need, take it to a locksmith an he will be able to make you a complete new key.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
You can put a key in with ign on, wait 2hrs i think then the overide will let you start it, or tow it to holden or another place with a scantool to program a new one

styly

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Commodore VT Executive Sedan
Drivers license and rego papers to Holden an ask for a security print out. It will have all the codes you need, take it to a locksmith an he will be able to make you a complete new key.

Thank you, i went there and they gave me this security code to allow locksmith to cut the key. Now as i have a blank key but without chip inside i'm going to bye a new key with the chip VT in it and i believe that i will be able to program it using the key number and the security number that holden's gave me right ?

I have a C900 programmer by the way