Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline - Engine Light On just after 9000km's

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
Yesterday morning, fired up the Redline via the keyfob, started briefly and then stopped.

Straight away I thought, here we go!!!

Couldn't start via keyfob again, got in and started via the Button, fired up but now had a permanent engine light.

Dropped into a Holden dealer and was told the emission sensor had caused the error. I have the W310 and straight away thought that might be the cause.

Dealer cleared the engine light and said it will most likely come back on during the cycle somewhere, didn't come back on until this morning, because of this I'm unable to start the car with the keyfob until the sensor is fixed/replaced as discussed with the Holden dealer.

Anyone else had this happen and is it a big deal if I drive like this until my 15000km service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
It's just an emission sensor. It's not anything mechanically wrong per-say and should be safe to drive until the faulty sensor is replaced. Annoying but thankfully nothing major and easily fixed.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
It's just an emission sensor. It's not anything mechanically wrong per-say and should be safe to drive until the faulty sensor is replaced. Annoying but thankfully nothing major and easily fixed.

Any reason this would fail, could it possibly have anything to do with the W310 kit? Dealer said the car could run rich while the sensor has failed, not that I would notice, the way I drive it, runs like a rich V8 anyway.

I'll hold off for another 6000km's and get it done at the first big service.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Try giving the MAF internals a clean with a can of MAF cleaner. The OTR with K&N filter (or similar) being so close to the MAF seem to oil / gunge up the MAF. Mine did this with an Orssom OTR and this did the trick. I wouldn't be worried about it running a little rich, but be very wary of it running lean!

Otherwise it may need the tune to be tickled a little?

You probably have already figured this out, but the remote start is designed to be disabled when the engine light is on.

Hope this helps.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
Thanks 426Cuda.

I'll try to give the MAF internals a clean over the weekend and hopefully it does the job, it's running great otherwise.

Makes sense about the auto start not working when an engine prob is detected, smart car, just missing the feature right now. It's one of those things that you start wanting as a basic necessity, as I use it to warm the engine in the am. Guess I'm just a bit spoilt since owning my VF.