Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSV Series II vs Redline Series I

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
a black roof lining in my SV6 wagon!

ben-stiller.gif

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
No, he hasn't but I can tell you that I've fought hard not to do a black roof lining in my SV6 wagon!

Only moments ago I was looking inside the wagon thinking that I've tricked it up enough after fitting an SSV steering wheel last night and it's time to leave it alone before the addiction kicks in too hard and I start thinking about something crazy like fitting an LS3 manual in it.

It's only when you install a set of these that you can truly say your car mods are completed.

1701470268888.png

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Not the premium colour for fluffy dice. :eek:

phantom0817

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Late to the party but having owned both a late ‘17 SS and now a late ‘15 SSV (series II, but not redline) I concur with the above. Basically the same car. HUD on both. In fact I actually preferred the monochrome screen between the gauges over the lame colour screen (red background) on the SSV. And the leather seats on the SSV are pretty low end, the synthetic seats on the SS were great. Probably the only thing that would annoy me (now) on the SS would be the ‘old’ style rear light cluster which is the same as S1. But I didn’t even know about it at the time lol.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Late to the party but having owned both a late ‘17 SS and now a late ‘15 SSV (series II, but not redline) I concur with the above. Basically the same car. HUD on both. In fact I actually preferred the monochrome screen between the gauges over the lame colour screen (red background) on the SSV. And the leather seats on the SSV are pretty low end, the synthetic seats on the SS were great. Probably the only thing that would annoy me (now) on the SS would be the ‘old’ style rear light cluster which is the same as S1. But I didn’t even know about it at the time lol.

I agree with everything you said, except the cluster

Having switched to the colour display for my SV6, I could never go back to the god awful monochrome one.

As soon as my old mans MY17 is out of warranty, I actually have a programmed colour cluster set aside to swap out cause the few times I drive It I can't stand to look at it :p I think it dates the car horribly, barely a step up from the early VE's.

Fully agree though about the seats, with the vinyl "sportec" material aging far better than the leather. And whilst the HSV buckets look great new, they look awful even faster.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I agree with everything you said, except the cluster

Having switched to the colour display for my SV6, I could never go back to the god awful monochrome one.

As soon as my old mans MY17 is out of warranty, I actually have a programmed colour cluster set aside to swap out cause the few times I drive It I can't stand to look at it :p I think it dates the car horribly, barely a step up from the early VE's.

Fully agree though about the seats, with the vinyl "sportec" material aging far better than the leather. And whilst the HSV buckets look great new, they look awful even faster.
I agree on the monochrome cluster, it's crap and I've changed my SV6 cluster to the SSV coloured type and it's a better look tenfold!

Aside from the suede SSV door and dash trims, I've pretty well changed everything else from the map reading interior light to the floor puddle lamps and sports pedals from SS/SV6 to SSV in my SV6 wagon!

Reactions: Lex

styln

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
I'm pretty much down to 3 options. Hopefully a decision made on a car by Saturday.

1. 2016 Redline with W375 pack. 110k kms.

2. 2016 Redline. 80k kms.

3. 2015 Redline. 60k kms.

Option 1 and 2 the most likely. Both the same price. The higher kms are a bit off putting, but yet it has the Walkinshaw pack...

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I'm pretty much down to 3 options. Hopefully a decision made on a car by Saturday.

1. 2016 Redline with W375 pack. 110k kms.

2. 2016 Redline. 80k kms.

3. 2015 Redline. 60k kms.

Option 1 and 2 the most likely. Both the same price. The higher kms are a bit off putting, but yet it has the Walkinshaw pack...

Here is my suggestion.

Start each on first thing in the morning and take for gentle test drive.

Ls3 is no stranger to cold start piston slap. Pick one that is the quietest :)

Also, the one with W pack in theory is most likely to be driven hard in the past.

Service history should also be big part of your decision

Last edited: