Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Loss of Power Steering WHEN DRIVING

Ryan83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 SERIES 1
I had the same problem with my 14 SV6, the Holden repairer told me there was a recall for the power steering motor which my car needs.

Do you think that will fix the problem.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... or, more likely, declare bankruptcy & bugger off. Doubt they'd make as much money from Corvette sales as it'd cost them to issue refunds on Commodores; probably cost them more to totally fix every car's power-steering than they'll make from Corvette sales.
It’s like ripping off a Band-Aid, you don’t tug on it little by little, you rip it off quickly.

If Holden won’t do what’s required, anything other than real warranty supports and following the laws of our land, we’ll it’s just deception towards owners so I’m fine with them being taken to the cleaners. If the end result is that GM bugger off for a generation or two, or forever, I’m fine with that. But our regulators need to go after the good US entity, not the toxic GM left to the pension funds :p

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It’s like ripping off a Band-Aid, you don’t tug on it little by little, you rip it off quickly.

If Holden won’t do what’s required, anything other than real warranty supports and following the laws of our land, we’ll it’s just deception towards owners so I’m fine with them being taken to the cleaners. If the end result is that GM bugger off for a generation or two, or forever, I’m fine with that. But our regulators need to go after the good US entity, not the toxic GM left to the pension funds :p

New head of the ACCC has been announced.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...run-competition-watchdog-20211214-p59hdd.html

Hopefully there is more action once Stale Sims departs.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

I imagine there are legal avenues that can be pursued, but I also imagine GM's lawyers will have plugged as many holes as possible in that bucket.
"Bankruptcy" seems a fairly convincing way that organisations with responsibility can get out of those responsibilities, and I imagine that from a legality & ownership standpoint the Artist Formerly Known As Holden can probably declare bankruptcy without GM needing to cover anything much at all ... which might be something you could do something about in this country if GM traded in this country, but the only thing they sell is about 12 Corvettes a year so it's no skin off their nose to just leave.

I'm not saying what should happen; just what would happen.

I had the same problem with my 14 SV6, the Holden repairer told me there was a recall for the power steering motor which my car needs.

#1. never be 100% sure of anything.
#2. the best approach is to act upon the most likely scenario/cause; and yes, I reckon it's about 98% likely to fix the problem.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I imagine there are legal avenues that can be pursued, but I also imagine GM's lawyers will have plugged as many holes as possible in that bucket.
"Bankruptcy" seems a fairly convincing way that organisations with responsibility can get out of those responsibilities, and I imagine that from a legality & ownership standpoint the Artist Formerly Known As Holden can probably declare bankruptcy without GM needing to cover anything much at all ... which might be something you could do something about in this country if GM traded in this country, but the only thing they sell is about 12 Corvettes a year so it's no skin off their nose to just leave.

I'm not saying what should happen; just what would happen.
Yeah, I know and agree that’s how the system works but with all this shitfuckery, I’d like to see GM’s permanent departure unless they improve their ways… Id say such improvements have a snowballs chance in hell so whatever can be done to facilitate their departure, I’m ok with…

As a side note, the government does reach past our boarders and expects foreign internet companies to sent their GST payments for aussie sales to our tax office. Presumably they have some legal teeth to do so else these companies would just say bugger off to the tax man…
#1. never be 100% sure of anything.
#2. the best approach is to act upon the most likely scenario/cause; and yes, I reckon it's about 98% likely to fix the problem.
Im sure they thought the same thing with dielectric grease, then glued, etc…

Safety shouldn’t be successive approximation but history shows it is :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
As a side note, the government does reach past our boarders and expects foreign internet companies to sent their GST payments for aussie sales to our tax office. Presumably they have some legal teeth to do so else these companies would just say bugger off to the tax man …
Isn't that effectively done through customs, and foreign companies were convinced to pay that tax under threat of their deliveries being sent back to them at their own cost? When those rules first came in it was hard to get stuff sent ...

There would be some legal agreements between Straya & USA, I agree there. But given the US considers GM "too big to fail" & happily throws money at it, I doubt any of our Inter-Continental Ballistic Lawyers would get past their legal defenses.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Yeah, the blurb seems more focused on her skills around law and company mergers… Lawyers, what can go wrong?

Time will tell whether she brings anything more to the table around consumer protections actually working to protect consumers more effectively.
Let us hope the ACCC will become more than a toothess tiger and an investigation black hole.
ACCC should be aware it is an acronym that includes consumer, as well as competition, so should protect us and what we buy and use.

I also hope it acts on the oligopolies we have in Australia in most areas, that were supposed to improve things when our leaders moved us to "privatisation" of too many basic services.

Nick wagzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ss wagon

Hey guys I had the same problem in my 14 VF SS wagon Holden replace steering rack which might Become a common problem for us guys with earlier models, all fix now car was way out off warranty