Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The King is dead. Long live the King! RIP Commodore :-(

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I believe VT2 SS's are already climbing in an upwards direction ... VT SS's are an interesting one, you'd get smashed by a hybrid Corolla at a set of lights but it's the very last of the 'real' Holden engines.
I drive a 4 cylinder Captiva. The VT SS would be a screamer by comparison.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I drive a 4 cylinder Captiva. The VT SS would be a screamer by comparison.
You just gave me this lovely mental image of a bunch of people in a VT SS screaming with enjoyment while in the lane next to them there're a bunch of people sitting in a Captiva hammering on the windows & screaming with horror to be let out ... :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You just gave me this lovely mental image of a bunch of people in a VT SS screaming with enjoyment while in the lane next to them there're a bunch of people sitting in a Captiva hammering on the windows & screaming with horror to be let out ... :)
Well, it was my intention to entertain...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm thinking that any half-decent V8 VT or VX would be a nice cheap way of picking up the basis for a nice weekend cruiser and project.
Still cheap at present but ultimately would at least hold its value initially before slowly appreciating. If you weren't interested in capital gain, it would just be a nice project to restore and maintain.

VT - VZ SS or Calais V8 would be the pick of the bunch. I think they are about the bottom of the depreciation curve and still quite a few good ones about. I wouldn't expect that to be the case in 3 - 5 years.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Oh ... kay ... :)
Actually, they did in racing in New Zealand. As a Chrysler Dude, I assume you're aware of that? I think it was called the NZTCC (equivalent of ATCC), but where here they didn't get far against Folden, in NZ everyone else was pwned by Chargers for many years. I don't know why, mind you.

Aside - the price on that E49 is obviously intended to be comedy. :)
Tighter circuits in NZ, so the lighter weight was better suited. Did not need high speed down long long straights as in circuits such as Mt Panorama.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
The engine is very famously 265ci, the $265k ask is light comedy that's also intended to convey "make me an offer". :)

They will then sell all the interesting classic cars in a fire sale (for bugger-all due to the lack of affordable fuel PLUS the glut of them in the market at that time); and at that point the most intelligent generation (Generation X) will buy them for SFA and quickly whip-up a Mr Antifusion which will convert the readily-available electricity to E85 or PULP98 for use in the cheap classics we just bought.
Ahhh....should have clicked. But I'm sure we've all seen people putting stupid prices on cars.
I actually have a genuine weber off one of those vals. It's still on a set of triple webers for Holden 6 sitting in the garage.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
VT SS's are an interesting one, you'd get smashed by a hybrid Corolla at a set of lights but it's the very last of the 'real' Holden engines.

What's the 0 to 100 time for those? After driving early 2000 to mid 2000 Camrys/Corollas (parents had one of each), I can't get my head around a Corolla beating anything at acceleration...

The 4cyl petrol ones all had official 0 to 100 times of around 10 seconds, and the Prius (yuck) was something like 12... how fast are modern Corollas now?

I know the V6 Aurions (Camrys) and the new V6 ones were pretty fast for a fridgeonwheels.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
VT - VZ SS or Calais V8 would be the pick of the bunch. I think they are about the bottom of the depreciation curve and still quite a few good ones about. I wouldn't expect that to be the case in 3 - 5 years.

An old guys statesman or caprice would be a good pick up too