Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning by The1

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
I have just installed a tune from Nigel and it by far superseds the other tunes I have had, I am about to install a recond auto box so I hope things improve even further.
The only thing that I have notice (witch I think is my fault) is the fuel economy is down a bit but thats probably due to the fact that I am enjoying the extra push back in the seat from any where in the rev range and the gear changes are higher to (which could be due to my trans being almost f%^&ed.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
haha yeh fuel economy is linked to right foot

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
its a shame that there is not a lot available for the VZ SV6 Alloytec , only the one which requires the removal of PCM and sent away to be re-tuned .

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
these things arn't easy to reverse eng. You could always buy your own HP Tuners or similar single licence.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
haha yeh I know :doh:, it's just crazy how little amount of right foot is needed now to get moving, it's crazy as it feesl like I am only just cracking the pedal and I'm gone, I would not even get close to using 1/4 throttle around town any more.

I love the fact that the thermo fan comes on heaps earlier now to, it used to get to 1/2 gauge before it came on but now it's just above the first small line above cold.

the gear changes are great, I am noticing it holding out in first when cold which will be sorted in the next week when the new box goes in but other than that it's great.

before installing your tune I notice even when sitting in park and I just give it a slight jab it would hesitate then rev up but now its just instantly alive,

Great job Nigel:beer chug:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
personal preference if the shifts need to be changed so your happy that's no issue. They are just a generic table i use which i have tuned over the years myself to be most responsive and change up/down more at the right time over the stock pattern.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
How would i go about getting a tune done for my VT L67 what gear do i need etc i would be really keen on getting a tune done if possible. Feel free to pm me if easier.
Thanks

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
depends on your mods and what you want out of it. Have PM'd you.

mjs8672

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS v6
yeh thanks Nigel, I will see how it feels once I have the new box in,

baza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 2003 auto sedan
I also can vouch for " the 1 " , Nigel did a tune for me on a memcal I sent him for my vr 5 ltr stato which is stock ,just 2.5" catback xhaust and vs series 2 cai + k+n filter . the car now is more responsive and the transmission changes up earlier with light throttle than b4. I am impressed with Nigel's ability and reasonable prices.