Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hannah B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Equipe 2011 VE series II
Hi guys I've kind of had a dilemma and (kind of really upset about it) I bought a second hand VE commodore 2011 a couple of months ago and didn't leave enough back up money incase something went wrong.. and just recently about 2 days ago it started to have strange rattling sounds and the cars been shaking when driving and when in idle. I looked up the symptoms and it had all the symptoms of a bad engine mount BUT today when we kept driving it today it seemed to have similar to a cold start everytime we turned the car on and finally at maccas drive-through it stalled :( ... and it's an automatic I don't understand,
I'm waiting till wednesday to take it into the mechanic, we checked the oil today and the colour had definitely gone quite brown. I thought the problem may be cause of bad fluids (brown oil) as well and I've been using bp 91 recently instead of bp98. Someone also said that excessive jolted speeding can cause damage to the engine mount. but that doesn't make sense why it stalled and has these cold starts when its not cold, it takes a while to start up.
Has anyone had this issue? I only get paid around $700 this week and I don't want it to cost more than $600 to fix at the mechanic otherwise I'm screwed. Please help ... :(

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
The first thing to do is with the help of another, start the car, lift the bonnet while in Park, ask the other person to rev it slightly.
Chances are it is the passenger side but you will see the engine lift up and possibly make a sound.
I have broken three so far, cost me $220 fitted via transmission place, was able to get the part the next day.
I don’t think the brownness always indicates a problem, can you post a pic?

Hannah B

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Equipe 2011 VE series II
Hey thanks for the reply I took it to the mechanic today, turns out the bottom part of my engine not sure what it's called I think the bottom end knock is apparently gone
So I need to get an engine replacement but the mechanics not sure yet
He said it could be to do with the car running low on oil as well :( so what may have been the problem is the seller might have just topped it up with oil before selling it to me so that I didn't notice the problem
But I'm not 100 percent sure the mechanic did a service on it and told me to get back to him in one months time see if the shaking starts up again