Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Fuel pump failures

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I took mine back to Repco, and told them it’s not comparable, gave me a refund and picked up Genuine Pump/Sender from a supplier in Coburg, he was great/easy to deal with, and honest as honest can be I guess.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Im on my 3rd pump after two failed within 6 months (not under any warranty) first time I thought it was just bad luck but when the second went after a few months I knew something was up. A friend is an ex Holden mechanic and knew what it was:

The fuel pump wiring loom is bad and is shorting which then fries the pump. Replaced the pump, senders and all the wiring and it has been fine for 1.5 years. He said they had a few cars with this issue and once they replaced the items above the customers never had the issue again.
This is for a series 2 VE SSV mind you but I'm sure it could be the same issue, it cost me $1200 to get it all replaced, there is a lot of labour involved

Mankave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
When you replaced the pump units,
Did you, or the mechanic check the plug ?,
Because that was the cause of mine falling,
I have another thread I created feb last year,
It shows the burnt plug, and how I replaced it.

chrisjsmith74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Yes, I had Fuel Pump issues, as per link,
major fault is the Loom to the Fuel Pump
Your welcome to PM me if you like, I wont go into the logistics in this thread, then I will give you my phone number, and you can call me to discuss what I had to do.
Hope this helps
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ol-unit-reversing-sensor-control-unit.274561/
please conact me mate same issue here VE SSV ute:
Possible Electrical Issue - car turns over but wont fire - new fuel pump was installed recently Fuel pump relay possibly, has been bypassed as error codes for car been evident Car was running being able to hear fuel pump, hardwire done via fusebox via pin 30 & 87 of fuel pump relay and now won't start Diagnostic tool required to confirm error codes as a starting point to getting the car running again - list of codes to be provided to me upon completion of task so troubleshooting process can begin Preferred Mechanical Experience on LS Engines

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
please conact me mate same issue here VE SSV ute:
Possible Electrical Issue - car turns over but wont fire - new fuel pump was installed recently Fuel pump relay possibly, has been bypassed as error codes for car been evident Car was running being able to hear fuel pump, hardwire done via fusebox via pin 30 & 87 of fuel pump relay and now won't start Diagnostic tool required to confirm error codes as a starting point to getting the car running again - list of codes to be provided to me upon completion of task so troubleshooting process can begin Preferred Mechanical Experience on LS Engines

I can give you a call,
PM your phone #, and best approx time to call.
And will try and answer your questions.
Not sure my answers may help,
But I will give it a crack !

Last edited: