Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HVAC actuator replacement.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hi Pete, GM part #92246499. Apparently, this is now an obsolete part. Local Holden dealer in Geelong had to source it from another dealer that had one in stock. I think it was around $42.
Cheers
That part is not obsolete.
We have 2 in stock. I`ll upload a pic.
When a part is obsolete they is no more.
The first things that go are trims.
U can still get some VS parts.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
pics
HGYOlOF.jpg

AoSRf9T.jpg

Craig3070

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
That part is not obsolete.
We have 2 in stock. I`ll upload a pic.
When a part is obsolete they is no more.
The first things that go are trims.
U can still get some VS parts.

Just going off what the spare parts guy told me.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

mickyd1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan M6
Hi, long story short, I need to replace the recirc door flap on my VE series 1.
I've searched the interwebs on how to actually do this, but can't find some sort of procedure.
I have removed the blower motor, flap door is easy to move, leading me to believe that is in fact broken, and needs replacing.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Any idea how much a replacement door flap costs?
Cheers.

Hey mate, how'd you go? Sorry I don't get on here all that much. But if you still need advise let me know. Cheers

Craig3070

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Hey mate, how'd you go? Sorry I don't get on here all that much. But if you still need advise let me know. Cheers
Hi Micky, sorry, I haven't been on here either.
Yeah, I need to replace the recirc door, but can't find any kind of instruction on the net. Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated.
I thought I'd have a go, removed the glove box and blower motor, but was having trouble removing the blower housing. I was thinking with that removed, I could get at the recirc door. Ended up getting pissed off at it, and put it back together.
I'd rather do this myself, instead of forking out $$$ to someone else to do it.
Cheers.

mickyd1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sedan M6
Hi Craig,
It's an absolute prick of a job, and nearly cost me my sanity, but if you want to attempt it I'll do my best to describe it to you.

It's quite a while since I did the job, so I hope my memory is fairly accurate :) The best way to get the recirc door out is through the engine bay. If you open up the plenum cover on the passenger side where you get access to the cabin filter, the door is right behind the filter. I just used two large flat head screw drivers and put them on either side of the pivot points on the door and levered it out. And that is by far the easy part. Getting the new door in was an absolute bastard, and I don't recommend doing it the way it did it. This bit is very hard to explain and I can't take pics of it with pulling the bloody thing back out. The door has two spindles at the pivot point that slot into two holes on either side of the casing for the lack of a better word that the door sits in. Right next to those holes is a little plastic tab like a fin that stops the door from slipping out of those holes when the door is at the limit of its movement. So I managed to get the left side of the door in its hole but because of the tab, and not being able to see very much I just couldn't get the right side in. So I ended up cutting off the little tab and then it went straight in. If you have the same problem I suggest getting one of those little inspection mirrors and go through the inside of the car. Once you take the glove box and the blower motor out you should have enough room to see what you are doing with the aid of the mirror.

Okay, so I can't quite remember the exact reason, but I also had to take out the actuator that drives it. So I'm not sure if this was even necessary, as I know it was working as I could see it turning. Getting this out wasn't that hard. Putting it back in is a whole other story. So hopefully you don't have to do it, but if you do, looking at it from inside the car the actuator is on the left side of the door. So when you are taking out and putting back in the screws you are completely blind, lying with your chest on the door sill with your hand stuck right up pretty much as high as you can get it on the far left of the blower housing. I also had buy a tiny little socket set to be able to get the screws out.

Anyway that's as good as I can remember, and hope it helps. Let me know if you need some clarification on anything.

Cheers

Micky

Craig3070

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Hi Craig,
It's an absolute prick of a job, and nearly cost me my sanity, but if you want to attempt it I'll do my best to describe it to you.

It's quite a while since I did the job, so I hope my memory is fairly accurate :) The best way to get the recirc door out is through the engine bay. If you open up the plenum cover on the passenger side where you get access to the cabin filter, the door is right behind the filter. I just used two large flat head screw drivers and put them on either side of the pivot points on the door and levered it out. And that is by far the easy part. Getting the new door in was an absolute bastard, and I don't recommend doing it the way it did it. This bit is very hard to explain and I can't take pics of it with pulling the bloody thing back out. The door has two spindles at the pivot point that slot into two holes on either side of the casing for the lack of a better word that the door sits in. Right next to those holes is a little plastic tab like a fin that stops the door from slipping out of those holes when the door is at the limit of its movement. So I managed to get the left side of the door in its hole but because of the tab, and not being able to see very much I just couldn't get the right side in. So I ended up cutting off the little tab and then it went straight in. If you have the same problem I suggest getting one of those little inspection mirrors and go through the inside of the car. Once you take the glove box and the blower motor out you should have enough room to see what you are doing with the aid of the mirror.

Okay, so I can't quite remember the exact reason, but I also had to take out the actuator that drives it. So I'm not sure if this was even necessary, as I know it was working as I could see it turning. Getting this out wasn't that hard. Putting it back in is a whole other story. So hopefully you don't have to do it, but if you do, looking at it from inside the car the actuator is on the left side of the door. So when you are taking out and putting back in the screws you are completely blind, lying with your chest on the door sill with your hand stuck right up pretty much as high as you can get it on the far left of the blower housing. I also had buy a tiny little socket set to be able to get the screws out.

Anyway that's as good as I can remember, and hope it helps. Let me know if you need some clarification on anything.

Cheers

Micky
Thanks Micky.
I will attempt to do this myself. I have had the recirc door actuator out when I was checking if it was a faulty actuator, so I know how much of a bitch that is.
When you cut off that little tab, did it affect the operation of the recirc door?
Anyway, I’ll have a go at it tomorrow or next weekend. Thanks again for your help on this.
Cheers

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good luck with it.