Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF II SS cabin air filter

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
The RCA162MS has been superseded by the RCA162M which is 0.3 micron. It also has a foam seal for improved fit in the HVAC inlet.
Got one from Ebay last Friday

15SUPERSPORT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore/Chevy SS
Replaced mine today with ACDelco CF182, as it has been found the ACDelco "professional" or "gold" CF1182 is poor fitting. Many here in the states have freaked out over how dirty and black the OE ACDelco CF182 filter looked, unaware of the fact that it is charcoal infused and the replacement CF182 is not.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I’ve got two on the way, even though I have a few AC Delco ones in the cupboard. One for the E3 HSV which doesn’t get a lot of use, and the other for my VF daily driver.

Reactions: Al>

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
First up, if your buying anything from automotive superstore, check they have product in stock, as it was about a 4 week wait for mine!
Second, dont buy a K&N cabin filter. They are poorly made. The rubber surround had lots of defects with a lot of left over rubber on the edges which wasn't trimmed and neatened and has quite a few little craters/bubbles. It is harder to manipulate into position, as it doesn't bend and twist as easily as paper. But the worst part, slightly twisting it caused the top rubber seal to split half way through. It wont affect the filtering but what a pos. I'd send it back, but im sure they'd say I bent it in half so I'll just soldier on. Pictures can just stay on my camera for now. Over it.