Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sleeper

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
What a shame the 10s didn't come this time mate.
Apart from going NA , my only suggestion is to start loging so you can have some data to tick some boxes. We are all cheering and people are asking all the right questions and with a inexpensive OBDIi dongle you could be getting lots of important info. Like:
-shift time
-RPM
- Knock retard
- IAT ,
-oil pressure
-fuel pressure
- Timing

The wideband is another thing that will assure you the AFR is correct. You never know when the pump or injectors will start playing up.

Just a note , when I mentioned NA I mean Nitrous Assisted.

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I went to the drags tonight and the car shat itself during the burnout on the first run.

The engine is fine. It might be the diff, drive shafts or trans. The car limped down the track to the car park. Everything looks normal on quick glance. The car went off on the flatbed to the mechanic. It did struggle driving on. I saw one wheel spinning on the tray. More to come on the diagnosis.

At least my night was better than this young bloke in his Ford. He said it was making 450 hp at the wheels. Apparently the motor blew at 160 kmh at 3/4 track. They found his rod on the track. The rod snapped and went through the sump. Dropping oil resulting in loss of traction and he spun out, hitting the wall 3 times. The track was closed for an hour for clean up. He was not injured, just shaken up and worried about his car.

Crash at Drags.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I went to the drags tonight and the car shat itself during the burnout on the first run.

The engine is fine. It might be the diff, drive shafts or trans. The car limped down the track to the car park. Everything looks normal on quick glance. The car went off on the flatbed to the mechanic. It did struggle driving on. I saw one wheel spinning on the tray. More to come on the diagnosis.

At least my night was better than this young bloke in his Ford. He said it was making 450 hp at the wheels. Apparently the motor blew at 160 kmh at 3/4 track. They found his rod on the track. The rod snapped and went through the sump. Dropping oil resulting in loss of traction and he spun out, hitting the wall 3 times. The track was closed for an hour for clean up. He was not injured, just shaken up and worried about his car.

View attachment 255335
Sorry to hear that mate. Hopefully is not major like the trans. Keep us posted.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Any news on your car mate?

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Any news on your car mate?

Yep I got a call from Craig's just a few hours ago.

Apparently I 'rolled my sprag' They tried to explain it to me but this auto stuff is a bit over my head. Apparently, it can happen if getting axle tramp in the burnout.

Anyway, the sprag is fixed, the auto had a service/new fluid and apparently all is good. The car is ready to pick up from Craigs.

I need to get a couple of other things done at Autowerks so I'll get it trayed over to there and I'll be off the road for a few more days. I miss my car.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Yep I got a call from Craig's just a few hours ago.

Apparently I 'rolled my sprag' They tried to explain it to me but this auto stuff is a bit over my head. Apparently, it can happen if getting axle tramp in the burnout.

Anyway, the sprag is fixed, the auto had a service/new fluid and apparently all is good. The car is ready to pick up from Craigs.

I need to get a couple of other things done at Autowerks so I'll get it trayed over to there and I'll be off the road for a few more days. I miss my car.
Sweet, you looking at sorting out the axle tramp?

Also, did you get Craig's to look at the trans tune?

I fixed it in my VX by using some poly rear sub frame bushings inserts to get rid of all the play back there, the OEM bushings are really soft

A little more NVH from them, but, no more wheel hope

These fit your going by the description https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1316590...DfFr213rxdZFGK0mUgH9WwYm43gK23xxoCCgwQAvD_BwE

Fairly easy to install compared to swapping out the bushings with full poly, plus alot less NVH than full poly

You can get solid alloy inserts to lock the subframe down solid, but the NVH is pretty bad for a non dedicated race car

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Sweet, you looking at sorting out the axle tramp?

Also, did you get Craig's to look at the trans tune?

They said it can happen if getting axle tramp. I don't think I am getting it. I can't feel it and don't see it in front/rear dashcam vids.

I've already got full poly bushes in the rear. This was recommended to help get power down and was done at the same time as the blower install.

Craig's did tweak the tune prior to the fateful run. Never got to test it.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
u will know axle tramp when u get it feels like ur going over a speed bump back n forth real quick in the rear shakes everything, fitting the blower fixed mine :) the VF got different sized axles each side to help stop it

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Any news?