Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF calais

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I reckon a VF Calais with the cream trim and a suede headliner would look really nice and premium...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I reckon a VF Calais with the cream trim and a suede headliner would look really nice and premium...
It's probably more acceptable in a Calais as a premium touch but I guess my vision of a Calais V is to Redline it a bit with the SS body kit etc!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
From the 2016 brochure…

IMG_1256.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’m really, really SUPER surprised the full Titanium interior was still available for MY2016 … never seen one, who ordered that?!

If I’m being honest (rare) I have a suspection Holden scrood-up that brochure & the pale leather wasn’t actually available.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I’m really, really SUPER surprised the full Titanium interior was still available for MY2016 … never seen one, who ordered that?!

If I’m being honest (rare) I have a suspection Holden scrood-up that brochure & the pale leather wasn’t actually available.
I've seen pictures of a VF Calais V advertised on Carsales with pale (Titanium) seats, but I don't know what year or series it was.

A mate of mine who owned a BMW dealership for many years told me their golden rule was never to order cars for stock with light coloured interior, cream, white, light beige etc, as it was a minority taste and were hard cars to sell even at reduced prices.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I've seen pictures of a VF Calais V advertised on Carsales with pale (Titanium) seats, but I don't know what year or series it was.

A mate of mine who owned a BMW dealership for many years told me their golden rule was never to order cars for stock with light coloured interior, cream, white, light beige etc, as it was a minority taste and were hard cars to sell even at reduced prices.

The white colours are probably only suitable for the clean people. I’m not one of them. Whenever I wear a white tee shirt I inevitably get some grot on it within about 5 minutes of putting it on.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The white colours are probably only suitable for the clean people. I’m not one of them. Whenever I wear a white tee shirt I inevitably get some grot on it within about 5 minutes of putting it on.
Cars with light coloured interiors were a mongrel to work on when I was an apprentice mechanic and worked at a Chrysler/Mitsubishi dealer for 6 years back in the day. Didn't take much to mark the interior wearing dirty overalls even trying your best not to. There was a lot of beige, light blue and green interiors with light coloured carpet, I remember trying to get stains off the trans tunnel with paint thinners where the side of your boots touched the carpet. Dark colours hide most of that.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You, me & Pig Pen from Peanuts …

Aha!
Found one, a VF2 for sale with the Titanium leather …
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...-vf-series-ii-auto-my16/OAG-AD-21140919/?Cr=7
… so it was still available in VF2.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
It's probably more acceptable in a Calais as a premium touch but I guess my vision of a Calais V is to Redline it a bit with the SS body kit etc!
That would've also been nice if the VF was in production for a little longer... If Holden decided to make an Aussie built RWD VF facelift, it would've been a wise decision to cull the Evoke completely and go upmarket, focusing on the V8's, which is kind of what they did at the end...

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Cars with light coloured interiors were a mongrel to work on when I was an apprentice mechanic and worked at a Chrysler/Mitsubishi dealer for 6 years back in the day. Didn't take much to mark the interior wearing dirty overalls even trying your best not to. There was a lot of beige, light blue and green interiors with light coloured carpet, I remember trying to get stains off the trans tunnel with paint thinners where the side of your boots touched the carpet. Dark colours hide most of that.

My dad bought a Chrysler Sigma new.

It was a light metallic green with light green cloth interior......luxury.