Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF calais

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
That sneaky trick hasn't disappeared.
No, it's worse in SA now as they only ever used Holden's prior to the closure. The best one I've seen recently, was a Toyota Hilux Ute with a canopy and roof racks and looked like tradie's Ute until I saw the red and blue flashing lights behind the grill. There's still a few unmarked ZB's but also a lot of Kia and Toyota SUV's and a few Camry sedans.

Earlier this year I saw this silver car and thought they're cops and then realised it was a VE. I was out of date by a few years but still subconsciously in tune with the multitude of silver VE's they used in the day!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Remembering that VF was already a facelift on a 2006 model car, another facelift in 2018 would’ve resulted in a car that was pretty long in the tooth. And pushing upmarket would’ve involved a massive amount of marketing & changing of consumer sentiment, Holden was always about access to parts such that the inevitable repairs were cheap rather than actual build quality.
The VF still looks like a beautiful looking car after 10 years on the market.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Remembering that VF was already a facelift on a 2006 model car, another facelift in 2018 would’ve resulted in a car that was pretty long in the tooth. And pushing upmarket would’ve involved a massive amount of marketing & changing of consumer sentiment, Holden was always about access to parts such that the inevitable repairs were cheap rather than actual build quality.
Yep, Holden was never really a premium brand at all, so while going upmarket would've been cool, they probably wouldn't have done very well... However, I do think another facelift would've been okay, as the VF changed lots when compared to the VE...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
No, it's worse in SA now as they only ever used Holden's prior to the closure. The best one I've seen recently, was a Toyota Hilux Ute with a canopy and roof racks and looked like tradie's Ute until I saw the red and blue flashing lights behind the grill. There's still a few unmarked ZB's but also a lot of Kia and Toyota SUV's and a few Camry sedans.

Earlier this year I saw this silver car and thought they're cops and then realised it was a VE. I was out of date by a few years but still subconsciously in tune with the multitude of silver VE's they used in the day!
I still see a few VF's being used as cop cars, though nowadays, they're extremely rare...