Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF calais

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That would've also been nice if the VF was in production for a little longer... If Holden decided to make an Aussie built RWD VF facelift, it would've been a wise decision to cull the Evoke completely and go upmarket, focusing on the V8's, which is kind of what they did at the end...
Remembering that VF was already a facelift on a 2006 model car, another facelift in 2018 would’ve resulted in a car that was pretty long in the tooth. And pushing upmarket would’ve involved a massive amount of marketing & changing of consumer sentiment, Holden was always about access to parts such that the inevitable repairs were cheap rather than actual build quality.

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
When I was car shopping the dealer had a Calais V in the titanium colour and regal peacock (Forg) and I really liked the combo. The wife wasn’t as keen.
In the end it was a bit over budget anyway and the SSV came up. But can see how it’s a polarising taste

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
My dad bought a Chrysler Sigma new.

It was a light metallic green with light green cloth interior......luxury.
The old Chrysler badged GE Sigma brings back memories and light green, light blue and beige interiors were common. I don't think there were any dark coloured interiors in the early GE/GH Sigma's.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The old Chrysler badged GE Sigma brings back memories and light green, light blue and beige interiors were common. I don't think there were any dark coloured interiors in the early GE/GH Sigma's.
Dagnabbit, now youze folkz have made me remember Sigmas!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I learnt to drive in that Sigma (and Dads VH.....also green (Rhone) with matching green interior).

It did the job.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'd have to be honest and say that I preferred Sigma's in the GE era over the bicycle I rode to work and back after losing my licence for 6 months drag racing!
I spent most of 2013 as a pedestrian...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I spent most of 2013 as a pedestrian...
When I lost my licence for drag racing, I thought I'd get it back with NIL demerit points but 161 kmph in an 80 kmph zone was a mandatory 6-month suspension and unbeknown to me, I still had 10 demerit points when getting my licence back.

About 2 weeks after getting my licence back, an HZ Sandman van pulls up alongside me at the lights with a couple of surfboards on roof racks. The driver was youngish looking with long hair and looked like a surfie with a girl in the passenger's seat with long blonde hair. He gives the Sandman a bit of a squirt off the lights, and I short shifted my HQ Monaro into 2nd gear and chirped the tyres and backed off at about 70 kmph.

The Sandman pulls alongside of me in the RH lane, and the surfie looking girl hangs a "police stop" sign out the passenger's window with her cop ID. They were cops and wrote me a ticket for excessive noise 4 points. About a month later I was back on the bicycle for 3 months losing my licence on demerit points! Cops looking like surfies cruising around in panel vans I later discovered was common around the beach areas apparently!

Last edited:

Redline457

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF1 6.6 Litre Stroker SSVR A6
When I lost my licence for drag racing, I thought I'd get it back with NIL demerit points but 161 kmph in an 80 kmph zone was a mandatory 6-month suspension and unbeknown to me, I still had 10 demerit points when getting my licence back.

About 2 weeks after getting my licence back, an HZ Sandman van pulls up alongside me at the lights with a couple of surfboards on roof racks. The driver was youngish looking with long hair and looked like a surfie with a girl in the passenger's seat with long blonde hair. He gives the Sandman a bit of a squirt off the lights, and I short shifted my HQ Monaro into 2nd gear and chirped the tyres and backed off at about 70 kmph.

The Sandman pulls alongside of me in the RH lane, and the surfie looking girl hangs a "police stop" sign out the passenger's window with her cop ID. They were cops and wrote me a ticket for excessive noise 4 points. About a month later I was back on bicycle for 3 months losing my licence on demerit points! Cops looking like surfies cruising around in panel vans I later discovered was common around the beach areas apparently!
Yep same here in Melb. Cops in panel vans around the beaches

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

The Sandman pulls alongside of me in the RH lane, and the surfie looking girl hangs a "police stop" sign out the passenger's window with her cop ID. They were cops and wrote me a ticket for excessive noise 4 points. About a month later I was back on bicycle for 3 months losing my licence on demerit points! Cops looking like surfies cruising around in panel vans I later discovered was common around the beach areas apparently!

That sneaky trick hasn't disappeared, I recently saw an unmarked Subaru pull over a tarted up KIA with P plates near where I live, the KIA was beside it at the lights and took off like a scalded cat.

And about ten years or so ago there was a Poison Ivy Green VE SS Ute that was used by the police in the Ryde Area of Sydney when I lived there.

It used to cruise the backstreets along Victoria Road and had nothing to indicate it was a police vehicle until the siren and lights behind the front grille lite up.

It eventually became well known to the locals and at the time, I had my SS Ute of the same colour and cars would often slow down to a crawl when I'd drive up behind them.