Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS Series 2 Paddle Shifter

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Surely the seller will try to resolve this for you. If it still does not work you probably can get your money back. Give them a chance...
Nope he has said NO. Asked for a partial refund and he wasn't interested, leaves me only one avenue now.

Last edited:

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Just to play the devils advocate here.
If the paddle shift kit is not installed by a professional, the seller then relies on the DIY'er to have some competence and is capable of following supplied instructions. If these instructions are not followed to the letter, then who's fault is it if the goods do not work as advertised?

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to play the devils advocate here.
If the paddle shift kit is not installed by a professional, the seller then relies on the DIY'er to have some competence and is capable of following supplied instructions. If these instructions are not followed to the letter, then who's fault is it if the goods do not work as advertised?

My qualified mechanic installed it. He sells it as plug and play and there is no mention that this kit needs to be installed by a qualified professional. FYI I am a mechanic by trade, just not been active for 20 years.

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Factory kit would have cost you the same amount, as I done it with my VF2 SV6. Done the change myself, kit was just the new wheel, paddles and harness. Have to swap wheel controls over. Once installed I took it to the dealer who updated the firmware to say the paddles where there (was done in less than an hr)
How much did it end up costing? Including the dealer adding the firmware. Also does it matter the car has been turned and locked? By gm motorsport

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
How much did it end up costing? Including the dealer adding the firmware. Also does it matter the car has been turned and locked? By gm motorsport
I bought mine on ebay from Metro Holden , I think in VIC , for $452 , I was initially told by Surfers Holden GC that they were plug and play but once installed I soon found I needed the software update that Surfers Holden did for about $80 from memory , I gave them a bad rating for the miss information

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Cost about $550 all up

Clay1391

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Silly question but how respovie are the paddles?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
I find it pretty good, not an instant change in milliseconds but still responsive. Can be used while in drive, then when not being used it shifts back into drive after a short period. Or when downshifting in drive once below 10km it goes back in. Can shift the lever into sport and sport works as normal, If you use paddle shift while in sport the paddles are constantly in use. If you pull up to the lights in this mode just remember your in it when you take off as you'll stay in 1st

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
If you have bought that kit from a business and it was advertised and sold as a working kit for your vehicle and it does not actually fit your vehicle and that business denies you a full refund then that business is in violation of australian consumer law and you should talk to the accc.
Not only would they be ordered to refund you they will probably cop a nice fine which will make them think twice about selling a poorly researched product and attempting to scam customers because of their incompetence.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/make-a-consumer-complaint

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you have bought that kit from a business and it was advertised and sold as a working kit for your vehicle and it does not actually fit your vehicle and that business denies you a full refund then that business is in violation of australian consumer law and you should talk to the accc.
Not only would they be ordered to refund you they will probably cop a nice fine which will make them think twice about selling a poorly researched product and attempting to scam customers because of their incompetence.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees

Copy that

Last edited: