Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Correct!

It cant be a 'recall' if you don't have replacement parts available yet...

The airbag faults across many car brands are a recall and they don't have the parts.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
Just spoke to my dealer as I completed the Customer Survey today and received a phone call less than 30mins later.

The update is I 'might' receive a letter today.

Each dealer is getting 14 sets of intake rocker arms with the priority to be emergency vehicles (police) then everyone after that. Officially the rocker arms haven't arrived yet, but a Holden employee (and customer of the dealer) told my dealer that they're in Melbourne.

Lets see if the letter is there tonight!!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Correct!

It cant be a 'recall' if you don't have replacement parts available yet...
Recall - safety critical items that may pose either directly or indirectly a risk to life or health.

ie: Seatbelts, Airbags, Electrical fires.

Rework - It needs to be fixed but if the item fails there is a very slim to none chance of safety being impacted because of it.

SS Flo Rida

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series II SS W375
Not to mention, if there was an issue you would have known about it already with an expensive engine rebuild the amount of times your car has been up and down drag strip, warming up the tyres, loading up the engine constantly with multiple runs a night, extreme heat cycles.

Just my opinion, I don't know much tbh.

Exactly! I’ve seen these ls3 rocker arms used in an 1100hp twin turbo ls3 with no dramas.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I sold an SS-V Redline on Saturday only to find out that I got a stop delivery email on Monday stating that I cannot deliver the car unless the fix is complete. I rang my customer today and he was disappointed with the outcome, but I did state to him that it would be better to receive the car fixed than with a potential problem.

Anyway, I was assured that parts would arrive Monday (maybe) and my customer would be placed on the priority queue to be fixed first as his car is a sold car in our system. Another customer of mine received his car a couple of weeks ago, and I called him and stated to leave his car in the garage.

Last edited:

Vf2red

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf11 ssv redline
I sold an SS-V Redline on Saturday only to find out that I got a stop delivery email on Monday stating that I cannot deliver the car unless the fix is complete. I rang my customer today and he was disappointed with the outcome, but I did state to him that it would be better to receive the car fixed than with a potential problem.

Anyway, I was assured that parts would arrive Monday (maybe) and my customer would be placed on the priority queue to be fixed first as his car is a sold car in our system. Another customer of mine received his car a couple of weeks ago, and I called him and stated to leave his car in the garage. I know he has been thrashing it around a bit, showing off to a few friends, etc. He has only clocked up 150km thus far.[

Vf2red

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf11 ssv redline
We haven't been thrashing the car around a bit Nick.Be careful what you say