Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is needed to go from SSV to SSVR Brembo brakes?

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
hi everyone. I have read quite a few posts in search function about brembo brakes. But I'm still a little confused as to what would actually be required to change all of my factory SSV brakes on the VF2 to upgraded Brembo front and rear calipers and also the same size brake rotors (but in slotted and drilled) format.

I was hoping to go AP racing 6 piston front and 4 piston rears but I think I'll try and fit the brembos 4 piston front and rear under my factory SSV wheels for now as they appear to fit fine in other threads.

So my question is; how vital is a brake booster upgrade? Will the factory master cylinder and booster be ok for brembos? What's the difference between the SSV and SSVR brake master?

What size front and rear rotors are the SSVR brembos sitting on under those 19" SSVR alloys? I want to get slotted and drilled rotors same size as the factory SSVR rotors. Will this give better cooling on the rotors and is it ok to put the Brembo calipers on this type of rotor?

Can I then place the Brembo rotors onto the calipers front and rear without modification to anything? Do they sit right in and connect to the factory brake lines? If so I might even change those lines out for braided ADR approved lines if any are available online.

Lastly where do people buy their SSVR Brembo calipers from and what's a good price? I see them on eBay new for $2000 (front and rear) calipers and brake pads only.
I think from reading threads I will have to go with DBA rotors as everyone seems to like them. And what's a good price for a slotted and drilled DBA rotor?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
hi everyone. I have read quite a few posts in search function about brembo brakes. But I'm still a little confused as to what would actually be required to change all of my factory SSV brakes on the VF2 to upgraded Brembo front and rear calipers and also the same size brake rotors (but in slotted and drilled) format.

I was hoping to go AP racing 6 piston front and 4 piston rears but I think I'll try and fit the brembos 4 piston front and rear under my factory SSV wheels for now as they appear to fit fine in other threads.

So my question is; how vital is a brake booster upgrade? Will the factory master cylinder and booster be ok for brembos? What's the difference between the SSV and SSVR brake master?

What size front and rear rotors are the SSVR brembos sitting on under those 19" SSVR alloys? I want to get slotted and drilled rotors same size as the factory SSVR rotors. Will this give better cooling on the rotors and is it ok to put the Brembo calipers on this type of rotor?

Can I then place the Brembo rotors onto the calipers front and rear without modification to anything? Do they sit right in and connect to the factory brake lines? If so I might even change those lines out for braided ADR approved lines if any are available online.

Lastly where do people buy their SSVR Brembo calipers from and what's a good price? I see them on eBay new for $2000 (front and rear) calipers and brake pads only.
I think from reading threads I will have to go with DBA rotors as everyone seems to like them. And what's a good price for a slotted and drilled DBA rotor?
That's a lot of question Woooo!
In no particular order sorry:
Yes they'll bolt straight up. You'll need to get the right bolts from Holden.
Rotors 355F 360R T3 4000, allow $1k.
Amazon for calipers. I paid <$100 each for my rear ones. Or you could buy from Holden parts. Would be exe i guess.
Braided safety hoses are great. They give a nice solid pedal feel. Avbl on eBay.
Get the best pads you can afford. My preferred to date is EBC Redstuff.
Also apply CRC STA-LUBE to avoid the screaming banshee.
I love my Brembo's for how they look, feel and perform. But equally I love the confidence they provide. Like airbags, they just make you feel safer.
Good luck.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Am I misreading the bit about running the SSVR Brembos under VF2 SSV wheels?
Will they fit, particularly at the front?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Go the Brembo six piston and two piece rotors up front and these definitely fit under SSVR
IMG_2275.JPG

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Not with the factory SSV wheels as they are not staggered.

looked into it myself I do have the performance brake pack though..

when I upgrade it will most likely be to AP Racing

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Not with the factory SSV wheels as they are not staggered.

looked into it myself I do have the performance brake pack though..

when I upgrade it will most likely be to AP Racing

Not correct

Stock ssv rims clear ssv redline brembos

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I was told other wise when I considered upgrading to Brembo's

I didn't take the risk in case, though will be going bigger and changing wheels in the future.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I was told other wise when I considered upgrading to Brembo's

I didn't take the risk in case, though will be going bigger and changing wheels in the future.
Someone on this forum did it and posted pictures..